pebbles123

Re: Ernest Newson (Colchester school uniforms) In Administra

Post by pebbles123 »

:? well thats a tad confusing! lol
Case of getting your CCHS's in a twist!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Too true! The two girls' grammars closest to me are both CCHS. One is Colchester and the other is Chelmsford. I suppose when the schools were built they had a smaller sphere of influence than they do now and so it didn't matter so much. It can get confusing sometimes.
pebbles123

Post by pebbles123 »

:? Whoops thats a tad confusing, a case of getting ones CCHS's in a twist! lol

My sister was very pleased when the Clacton (CCHS) changed from the shop in town to the clacton company as the shop previously had no stock and the new company sent a member of staff to her home to fit him with a blazer the same day. :D
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I've just noticed from the CRGS website that their new school supplier is Coes of Ipswich. It's a bit disappointing that they didn't keep a supplier in Colchester or even have an online system of their own as I now have about a sixty mile round trip just to buy a jacket! Maldon won't be any easier either. :(
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I've just looked at Coe's website. Ipswich is a seventy five mile round trip for me (I was obviously optimistic suggesting sixty miles) and Maldon is forty miles in total. So Maldon it is! Still a long way to go for uniform.

It does look as though they have a postal service but this is only viable if you are completely sure of what size you need, otherwise you have to pay to return the item(s).
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Having one DC at each school (CRGS and ColCHS) I am just pleased they have both gone for the same shop.

However there is a nice empty store in Colchester near the Castle if Coes are looking to expand!!!!!!!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

It's really irritating that we'll have to trek all the way to Ipswich for uniform items. Ordering online just isn't practical as blazers and rugby shirts need to be tried on. The school should keep samples of blazers and rugby shirts. That way, boys could try on the items and their parents could order the uniform online. Ties, badges and sports socks can be ordered easily enough without visiting the shop. Everything else can be bought from high street shops. I think I might suggest this to the school.
crgsmum

Post by crgsmum »

Maybe the CRGSA could hold a stock to be tried on and ordered when they have their nearly new uniform shop open. Any orders placed through them they could earn a commission for.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When my DC's school had a non-local supplier they brought stock to the school on certain days in July and August. You could try the sizes and then order - perhaps you could suggest this?
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

First-timer wrote:It's really irritating that we'll have to trek all the way to Ipswich for uniform items. Ordering online just isn't practical as blazers and rugby shirts need to be tried on. The school should keep samples of blazers and rugby shirts. That way, boys could try on the items and their parents could order the uniform online. Ties, badges and sports socks can be ordered easily enough without visiting the shop. Everything else can be bought from high street shops. I think I might suggest this to the school.
This is a very good idea to ask the school to keep a small supply of uniform. It would certainly save driving many miles.

If I have to go to Ipswich or Maldon I will definitely be ringing them first to see if they have the size we think we will need before trekking over there. I would be very cross otherwise to find out that they were out of stock!

I think that CRGS followed CCHS with this choice of supplier so I wasn't really that surprised when I read this on their website. It is disappointing that they didn't stay in Colchester as I am sure that this would be more of a central location for most people.

Perhaps you would be able to let us know the school's response to your idea as it is a good one.