Bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff Schools and SHSB (NOT SHSG)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Shrimpergarry

Bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff Schools and SHSB (NOT SHSG)

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Looking into travel options for our son to SHSB next year and have found that there is a privately arranged (not consortium) bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff and SHSB. It leaves later than the consortium buses (0740 from the Army & Navy/Tesco Homestore bus stop) as it has fewer pickups (none between the Army & Navy and Westcliff) and gets back sooner as it doesn't include SHSG so leaves earlier than the consortium buses - it also comes directly back to Chelmsford.

The cost is currently £1090 per year, payable in 10 equal monthly installments (August - May).

The bad news is however that the 52 seats are all taken. However the organisers are willing to put on a 2nd coach/minibus if there are enough takers. We rang the other night and are no. 9 on the waiting list - ideally they would like another 11 (making 20) to make it viable, however they could probably make it work with 16 so another 7 children.

I have the details of the people arranging it, however I don't know if the people concerned would like their names or phone number advertised on the WWW, so send me a personal message and I'll forward details to you if you're interested.

Even if you're not interested yourself, please feel free to pass this news on to any other parents you know as the people don't advertise this service, it's just by word of mouth. Stephensons are ceasing the 501 service at the end of this academic year so this may be a good alternative option (pick up from Broomfield Parade at 07:20).

Hope this helps someone.
yic1

Westcliff Bus

Post by yic1 »

Hi,

My daughter is going to Westcliff in September and I am interested in the bus. Can you tell me more about it. My e-mail address is david@cromed.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Hi David

You have mail!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Heard last night that the additional bus is almost definitely running next year - works out much better time-wise at both ends of the day and is going a slightly different route to the first bus (probably from Broomfield Hospital via Baddow and Galleywood).

If you're interested PM me or post your e-mail address and I'll send you the chap's home phone number.

Looks like the cost will be 10 equal monthly payments in advance or £114pm starting in August.
sparky

bus to shsb

Post by sparky »

We are looking for transport from Danbury to SHSB. Any ideas
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Stephensons 504 runs from Danbury to SHSB, picks up at Runsell Green and Eve's Corner.

Here's a link to the timetable:

http://www.csse.org.uk/transport/stephe ... uthend.pdf
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Sparky

I'm guessing that you must be parent of Jonathan - am I right?

If so, we're right below you on the out of borough address list received today! (Parents of Elliot)
hardensaj

transport to SHSB

Post by hardensaj »

shrimpergarry

I would be interested in finding details out about the new southend bus. Also anyone else who has details of a cheaper alternative to consortium from Woodham Ferrers (not SWF). Thanks

hardensaj@aol.com
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

I have e-mailed you the details but you may be better with the 504 which stops in Woodham Ferrers.

Details here:

http://www.csse.org.uk/transport/stephe ... uthend.pdf
sparky

Nice to meet you

Post by sparky »

Great to meet you (Tania?) today at SHSB. Jonathan enjoyed the morning and linked up with David who he knew a little bit already. Hope Elliot feels o.k about the transition.The school is doing a good job of helping the boys settle, which is great. See you on the 6th / 9th July. Sue
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now