Essex Grammar school Eligibility

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
redbridge

Essex Grammar school Eligibility

Post by redbridge »

Hi,

We live close to Ilford and want to prepare my DD for Woodford Girls and I am aware that its going to be very competitive, she is currently in Year 4 so not very far before the pressure mounts.

We are outside the catchment for Chelmsford Girls, so I guess it does not make sense applying for a place there, but would still want to try and give her a good chance to get into any other GS in Essex.

My question is can one take the CSSE test? Hoping that one clears the exams with good marks does one stand a good chance of getting a place offered being outside the catchment area?

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered before.

-Redbridge
crgsmum

Re: Essex Grammar school Eligibility

Post by crgsmum »

Yes. This year is will be tough because no-one will know where the cut off will be under the new system. Once one year's results are in though, because you will get your DC's results before the CAF has to be submitted which means that, while you cannot be sure your DC has done well enough to get a place you will have a fairly good idea if they haven't.
moved

Post by moved »

Only the Colchester schools have no catchment, but the other Essex grammars are reserving some places for out of catchment children. You can live anywhere and still get a place if your score is high enough.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

Thanks moved.
Mum13

Post by Mum13 »

Hi everyone

My DD is in year 4 currently and I have been advised by friends that this is the right time to start coaching her for the 11 plus. Any recommendations for tutors in Redbridge? Also, would much appreciate any advice as to books, materials, mock tests etc.

Thanks!
moved

Post by moved »

Bond maths and English are excellent prep for Essex.
Mum13

Post by Mum13 »

Thanks! This year we also face the added complexity of Chelmsford having announced it's catchment area. If one moves there, one loses the chance to sit for Woodford County!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now