Change to admissions policy Southend Grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SPEEDYMUMMY

Change to admissions policy Southend Grammars

Post by SPEEDYMUMMY »

Hello all,

I've been looking for the final decision regarding the ammendment to the admissions policy for the Southend Grammars, I noticed many other posts from parents asking similar questions. I found the answer on the SHSB parent newsletter. I reads as follows:

"The governing body has now approved the changes that will give preference based on home address,
using postcodes to determine the priority area. This will extend from the boundaries of the borough of
Southend to include families resident in Wakering, Rochford, Hockley, Hullbridge, Rayleigh, Canvey Island,
Hadleigh and Benfleet; using postcodes SS0, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, SS5, SS6, SS7, SS8 and SS9. This revised
arrangement will first apply for pupils, currently in Year 5 seeking entry to the school in September 2013."

It was also mentioned on their website that the 11+ will be sat in September with offer day in march 2013. I thought offer day was being brought forward to October. Does anyone have any information on this at all?
ahap

Re: Change to admissions policy Southend Grammars

Post by ahap »

Offer day will be in March but the 11+ results will be in October which will help you to decide which schools to put in your CAF.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
SPEEDYMUMMY

Re: Change to admissions policy Southend Grammars

Post by SPEEDYMUMMY »

Thanks for that Ahap. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now