Movement on waiting lists ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dutchy005

Re: Movement on waiting lists ?

Post by dutchy005 »

At CRGS in the September 2010 entry a boy didn't turn up at the beginning of term. This place was offered to the boy at the top of the waiting list who had already done a couple of days at a Colchester comp and his parents had the weekend to get new uniform etc for him start at the beginning of the second week. Then a couple of weeks into term a boy who was coming from some distance decided that the journey was too long and also left. This place was then taken up by a boy who was presumably no 2 on the waiting list at the beginning of term.

For that same year's admission I was berated by maymum because while waiting for our appeal we made a late application to WHSB and our son was allocated a place. Clearly this place was then allocated off the waiting list but maymum's son was no 1 on the list and didn't get in. The following spring he sat an entrance exam and was given a place at WHSB where I assume he is now very happy. So things can work out even if it isn't at the time and in the way you would want it to.

Good luck
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

I also seem to remember that some of the boys did not attend the Induction day and the form lists were changed slightly by the time they started in September. Fingers crossed for you.
2nd choice

Post by 2nd choice »

Those of you waiting for movement at WHSB may be horrified to know that despite rejecting the place in March and re-confirming this rejection with Essex in the middle of April (as per previous post), I have just received a call from Mrs Robinson at WHSB to ask whether we intended to accept the offered place!!! I have no idea if she is making more calls like this this morning - but if you are waiting it may be worth a call to the school this afternoon. Good luck.
ahap

Post by ahap »

:shock: :x :(
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
kerryandjane1229

Post by kerryandjane1229 »

got an offer from SHSG last weekend but it had no date to accept on it? It said only reply if you didn't want the place. Also, the welcome pack came a week before the offer letter, so clearly things are out of sync!
Good luck all :)
clumsymum

Post by clumsymum »

Hi have just seen on another topic that KEGS has moved two places, does anybody know if CRGS has had any movement ? Thanks :?
Chai

Post by Chai »

got an offer from SHSG last weekend but it had no date to accept on it? It said only reply if you didn't want the place. Also, the welcome pack came a week before the offer letter, so clearly things are out of sync!
Good luck all
I wonder if this can be grounds for an appeal? After all, the schools claim they are over subscribed. How can they be oversubscribed if administratively, there seems to be no clear system of knowing how many students have accepted an offer. Just a thought. Although I understand hearings have already taken place last week.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now