Do the they wear their school uniform for the 11+?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
faitaccompli

Re: Do the they wear their school uniform for the 11+?

Post by faitaccompli »

Mine wore his school uniform for his 11+ tests - partly because he was going back to school after the test (they were week day tests), but mainly as he had told me that he spent all day working at school in his uniform, came home from school and did prep for an hour wearing it, and knew it was comfortable enough to sit and concetrate for the time the exam took. Some kids did, and some didn't - mind you, mine had a uniform that was simply a blazer, tie and trousers - definitely not a boater!
First-timer

Re: Do the they wear their school uniform for the 11+?

Post by First-timer »

When DS sat the test, very few DC were in uniform. Those who wore uniform looked like they came from indies as they were polo shirt negative/blazer positive. I doubt any of the boys were intimidated by them. Some of the parents may have been, but that wouldn't affect any DC's performance.

DS wore casual clothes. Wearing uniform wouldn't have given him any sort of psychological edge as he did as little work as possible when at school! What I would advise, is to ensure DC has layers in order to facilitate temperature regulation. It might not be so much of an issue now that the exam is in September, though.