Hello - I've dipped into the forum from time-to-time for about 3 years but decided to take the plunge, so "hello"
My DD is 10 and currently in Yr 5. She's been voluntarily and gleefully doing the Bond Assessment Maths and Verbal Reasoning papers since she was 5 - entirely her choice as she loved them
She called them quizzes and constantly asked me if she could do more. She wants to go to CoCHS so she'll be sitting the 11+ in September - wish there was a nail-biting emoticon lol!
I've got so many questions: should I put them here or should I try and put them in the relevant sections?
1. I tutored her elder sister myself and I've been tutoring her from the beginning and I was wondering how many other Essex children have won places to CoCHS with only home-tutoring?
2. I was also wondering what last year's pass marks were for the 3 papers and whether they change each year according to the average attained? Is 79% - 90% per paper enough?
3. It was her choice to attempt her first CSSE past papers in all three disciplines last week, we timed them strictly and under exam conditions. She completed the English and VR but left out 2 Maths questions - should we be further along, preparation-wise and speed it up or are we racing too far-ahead?
4. She copes really well with any format of VR question but which technique book do Essex parents/tutors recommend ie GL Assessment, IPS, Bond or Susan Daughtrey's?
5. I don't want her to peak too soon or to feel inundated - however I'm torn by the fact that she has a voracious appetite to learn and do the 11+ work - should I let her do as much as she wants..which is loads?
I've got loads more questions - is there an etiquette for the number of queries one can put on here lol?