Increase in places at Colchester Girls High for 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bravado

Re: Increase in places at Colchester Girls High for 2013

Post by bravado »

moved wrote:I don't know if this has been approved, but I cannot see why an expansion would be an issue. It is currently an extremely small school, which has the advantage that every girl is known well, but the disadvantage of fewer staff and small departments. A larger staff can lead to a more informed staff and better opportunities for the pupils.
Yep - a larger school can work very well - my old GS being a case-in-point where there were approx 120 - 128 pupil year-groups. Having only visited the Girls' High for a few hours, I couldn't say whether expansion, year-on-year is a potential issue - I would have to rely on those who are familiar with the buildings, free rooms and land etc :wink: It did seem really small compared to my GS, in terms of classroom size and number/size of buildings etc - that's not a criticism, merely an observation.

"Moved" may I ask you to explain what you mean when you say "a larger staff can lead to a more informed staff..."? I'm not being testy, it's that I'm not really sure :D Perhaps it's all the excitement of watching the new series of "Strictly" that's addled my brain :lol: :lol: I can see that a larger staff can potentially lead to a wider range of expertise being available.
moved

Re: Increase in places at Colchester Girls High for 2013

Post by moved »

Each member of staff will have their own individual areas of interest and expertise. If these interests are explored and shared then the staff will benefit as a whole.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now