Latitude and longitude!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
toolate

Re: Latitude and longitude!

Post by toolate »

Don't depress me. Longitude is only paper where DS has scored over 65....He even struggled with last years modern one.

I am beyond despair....VR and maths are my only hope!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Don't despair. It's possible to get in with two good papers as long as one of them is VR.
moved

Post by moved »

One doesn't need to be VR if the other two are very good!
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Hello peeps

Just thought I'd be a nosey wotsit and see what's happening on this forum. I was in your position last year as my girl took the 11+ last Nov and thankfully got a place at SHSG. I remember all too well the stress of it all. :0).

I remember when I looked at the Longitude paper before my girl had seen it and thought she would find it horrendous. However she totally surprised me by getting about 70 odd percent when she did it and didn't think it was too hard. However, she found last year's actual English paper harder which also surprised me!

The whole process is long and exhausting for them (and us), but just hang in there. :0)

Wishing all of your children the very best of luck. X
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I think this was a "marmite" paper - either loved it or hated it.

My eldest had this as his actual paper. English was and still is his weakest subject, yet he scored 82% on this paper - considerably better than his practice papers or his year 6 sats! Possibly his scientific mind found it easier than the fiction pieces usually used. When I used it for DD as a practice she really struggled yet she is the better of the two at English!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now