Not what was needed!!!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fran17

Re: Not what was needed!!!!!!!!

Post by Fran17 »

Poor things. Such bad timing for your DC. You have been given very good advice and I think you are doing all the right things. There are still a few days left and I hope the antibiotics kick in and she feels well enough to sit the exam. Good luck.
harrydog

Re: Not what was needed!!!!!!!!

Post by harrydog »

bravado wrote:I'm keeping fingers crossed...I truly know how you and she feel.

It's probably of no consolation whatsoever but as I mentioned above, I have personal experience of Tonsillitis and the 11+ and hope I can reassure you a little?

I was also tied to my bed and quite upset that I couldn't sit it with the rest of my class but there was no way I could have done anything. I had to sit it in the Headmaster's office 6 weeks later..all alone and I was terribly anxious, I can remember wishing I hadn't been ill. However, despite my nerves, I passed with flying colours! I remember like it was yesterday!
Some say to do it and get it out of the way because the stress of waiting to sit it later, is worse and can have a detrimental effect. We're all different and for some, it would be disastrous but I wanted to let you know that if the worst comes to the worst, and your poor daughter isn't well enough on Saturday, then all is not lost because I'm living proof that even the most exam-stressy, highly-strung person like me, can show the examiners what they're made of and come through it :D

I'll be sending positive vibes your way :D

Bravado, thank you, your post has been most reassuring. My DD is distraught at being unwell and has got it into her head that she'll not do as well on the alternative sitting! :? And that maybe it's a sign she shouldn't sit the test at all! I think though, that that is 'irrational and feeling poorly' thoughts and not how she truly feels. Maybe the temperature talking :roll:

Giving her lots of reassurance and telling her to rest and that we'll make a decision together later in the week. Like I've said fingers crossed antibiotics kicks in soon!!

Tx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now