Relief

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Obsessed huttonian

Relief

Post by Obsessed huttonian »

Many congratulations to all who sat this morning. Pure and absolute dd got through the experience. Have a wonderful afternoon all, much deserved.
Obsessed huttonian

Re: Relief

Sorry that should have read "pure and absolute delight"
toolate

Post by toolate »

So pleased she survived ok. My DS still there - session 2- and my stomach is churning for him, he was so nervous all the way...just hoping and praying he will feel ok when he gets out, have stopped caring about the result!
Obsessed huttonian

He will be fine. Then time to enjoy your weekend together. Dd has a friend sleeping over tonight. I just need my bed as exhausted from lack of sleep last night!!
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

My best wishes go out to you all... we now have 1 year until we face what you have today. This is a great forum, one where real people are honest.

Edited by mod to remove forename.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Well done everyone and their DCs. :D
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Plush

Post by Plush »

Yes, relieved that the exam is over for my daughter! Especially after what we had to go through yesterday morning( the exam day!). We had to drive to the exam centre, an hour and 15 minute drive from where we live and at 6.40 am, all set and ready to go, the car wouldn't start!! Battery completely drained!! Had to arrange a cab urgently but thankfully reached the centre by 8.10 am! :)
More relieved that she didn't panic! Results keenly awaited......
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Thank goodness it's all over - in all honesty DS is not hopeful. He had an afternoon playing with friends but in the evening he was very flat. Of Course tired, but very pensive. Said he found the VR harder than any of the practice papers. A worry as we were relying on that! :?
I know we've all said it many times but the reality on the day is that this is a HUGE thing to ask of 10 years olds - which is what most are, including my DS who is only 10 by a few weeks.
I'm thinking back to the teachers at school who counselled all the parents to think long and hard before embarking on this process.....hm, some wise words coming back to me now.
Oh well......good luck all. Hope all DCs have a relaxing day today. :)