Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
First-timer

Re: Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Post by First-timer »

DD said the English was hard, the Maths ok and the VR easy.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

sounds like the maths was a real stinker (hope I'm allowed to say that!)
DS found maths hard but managed to finish it - no time to look through his paper though.
English - better than normal but he didn't finish.
VR - harder than the practice paper 1 but easier than he expected.

I heard there were some tearful boys at the KEGS morning session :( :( :( :(

Good luck to all the DC. Can't wait till the 15th.
Last edited by seriousmum on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moved

Post by moved »

Nice mix of responses then. DD was convinced she hadn't done enough for CCHS. We made a huge effort to convince her that our back up plan would be excellent for her. It backfired slightly when she was disappointed when she was allocated CCHS!

Tell your DC what you need to in order to make them feel better. :)
ahap

Post by ahap »

My DD found some English questions hard, Maths few questions hard. VR okay.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
skenty

Re: Difficulty

Post by skenty »

seems some have found the VR really hard , my DD found English and Maths OK but didn't finish VR paper so is devastated. she did think that what she managed to complete of the VR might be OK so fingers crossed. We are in catchment for SHSG and really hope she gets in
Manana

Post by Manana »

skenty wrote:seems some have found the VR really hard , my DS found English and Maths OK but didn't finish VR paper so is devastated. she did think that what she managed to complete of the VR might be OK so fingers crossed. We are in catchment for SHSG and really hope she gets in

My DS found the VR ok-I am now terrified as everyone else found it hard! What if he didn't understand the complexity of the questions??! He has always consistently got between about 67-73 in papers; I hope this one hasn't lulled him into a false sense of security.
harrydog

Post by harrydog »

Hi all, hurray it's over!! :P

My DD came out quite happy, the only real comment being, VR and Maths were 'fine' and English was 'trickier' than she expected. Incidentally her friend found Maths and English ok and VR hard!

As she was first sitting we went out for lunch after with family, had some retail therapy in the afternoon and played with a friend for the rest of the day. After a difficult week leading up to the test, I'm very pleased it's over and my DD has requested a post 11+ bonfire of her books!! :lol:

I know she'll have done the best she could, so now we'll sit back and wait for results. It's a whole lot of waiting this 11+ thing!

I'm sure this has been probably been answered before, but what kind of 'advice' comes with the results?

Tx
harrydog

Post by harrydog »

Manana wrote:
skenty wrote:seems some have found the VR really hard , my DS found English and Maths OK but didn't finish VR paper so is devastated. she did think that what she managed to complete of the VR might be OK so fingers crossed. We are in catchment for SHSG and really hope she gets in

My DS found the VR ok-I am now terrified as everyone else found it hard! What if he didn't understand the complexity of the questions??! He has always consistently got between about 67-73 in papers; I hope this one hasn't lulled him into a false sense of security.

My DD also found VR ok and Maths ok. She said English was more tricky than she expected. We should try and remember that all our DC will interperet the papers in their own way!

Good luck to your DS Manana.

TX
ahap

Post by ahap »

Can a mod merge the 2 threads please.

Difficulty and Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

My ds was ok in maths and English also said vr was the hardest, which he normally does really well in. He was also upset as he had to quickly guess the last 15 questions and thinks he was too thorough with the questions before.
I really did think that today I would feel relieved it was all over but still feel really anxious knowing how much he wants it. Oh well roll on scores day- what will be will be!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now