Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mummybear

Re: Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Post by mummybear »

Hello,
My DS found the English paper tricky, the Maths OK (a few hard questions) and the VR fine. He did say there were a lot of time consuming questions on there. In practise he usually finished with about 15 mins to spare - on Saturday he finished with less than 5 mins to spare.

All we can do is sit and wait now.

Whatever the outcome, they all did their best on the day and we should be very proud that they were brave enough to embark on this journey. Let's face it, it has been one heck of journey for them and us.

Wishing everybody the best of luck,

Mummybear
Na- Kinny

Post by Na- Kinny »

Hi Everyone
Re: yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012 wishing all who took part all the best of luck. My dd found the VR easier, Maths and English moderate she managed to finish both with 5mins to spare, however she says she managed to check her answers.
She was calm before and after really proud.
ahap

Post by ahap »

DD had finished the VR early :shock: . She had time to go through the paper twice :shock: :shock: She was bored so she started to erase some untidy marks on the answer sheet to make it neat and remark it, especially if it looked like a blob she said. :shock: I did not tell her to do this. Oh! what has she done to the VR answer sheet? I asked her whether she missed out on any questions or a paper, she said no and that she completed the paper. Then at the end just when they had 5 minutes she started to sharpen the pencils because she was bored. :shock: She did not even visit the loo during break time. Did anyone's DC finish the VR early?

I don't know what to think. Has she totally wrecked the VR?
Roll on Oct 15th, only 21 days to go.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Obsessed huttonian

Post by Obsessed huttonian »

My dd found the maths tricky, english not too bad and vr as she quaintly put it no problem except one question that she guessed. Praying the vr was as straight forward as dd hopes.
campergirl

Post by campergirl »

I was dreading the look on her face when I went in to collect her but she was smiling so I was very relieved! DD said all the papers were fine but didn't answer about 3 each on the Maths and English or 5 on the VR. I got the impression it wasn't that they were overly hard just time consuming but that could be pie in the sky. I don't know how to feel so trying to put it to the back of my mind until just before the 15th Oct.
Well done to all our DC for their hard work and to the parents for their support of their babes.

I would love to burn the books but there is the potential that I will have to go through this twice more with 2 DS! Aargh!
dez

Post by dez »

My DD managed to finish all three papres. She found VR and maths fine and English OK! Hope she is right!!! :wink:
Dazel

Post by Dazel »

ahap wrote:DD had finished the VR early :shock: . She had time to go through the paper twice :shock: :shock: She was bored so she started to erase some untidy marks on the answer sheet to make it neat and remark it, especially if it looked like a blob she said. :shock: I did not tell her to do this. Oh! what has she done to the VR answer sheet? I asked her whether she missed out on any questions or a paper, she said no and that she completed the paper. Then at the end just when they had 5 minutes she started to sharpen the pencils because she was bored. :shock: She did not even visit the loo during break time. Did anyone's DC finish the VR early?

I don't know what to think. Has she totally wrecked the VR?
Roll on Oct 15th, only 21 days to go.

Just to add my DS said he was pleased to be sat next to the wall,so he could read the displays when he got bored! Sadly it was all in german and he didnt understand it......Add me "did you write neatly".......DS "half......" My DS didn't finish early but seems had other things on his mind. What will be will be.

I have watched this site for a good few months, but now is the time to post for me. This thread has helped me get my crazy in check. Thank you x
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Hey Dazel, I know how you feel. My DS exclaimed he dozed off, and then said "we'll not exactly dozed off but other thoughts popped into my head and I couldn't help thinking about them" :shock: Aaarrgghhh!!! Well nothing we can do about it now I guess.

Having gone though the process twice now, I'm so relieved I don't have to look another VR paper in the face again, ever!

Roll on the 15th - Best of luck everyone :D
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Mmmm............making me feel physically sick :mrgreen: . Thought I felt bad on Sat but think this is worse!!
My DS didn't quite finish the VR - said it was hard. He's never not finished......
Do we need a new thread "link between reading post-exam forum and rates of PTSD in parents"?! :shock:
Is there a (jokey) thread comparing actual outcomes with what they said on the day??
I remember coming out of all exams (o/a levels feeling aghast....but that's cos I knew I'd watched too much Wimbledon..) and DS has worked like a Trojan. :( :shock: :(
Fismum

Post by Fismum »

My DD found Eng and Maths okay but VR a bit harder than Mock Exams and the Practise paper we bought from CSSE. She could not finish 6 questions in VR and was a bit upset as VR was her strength. :( Had to take her to MCdonalds after to calm her down.