scores needed for Southend area - what is minimum!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Re: scores needed for Southend area - what is minimum!!!

Post by moved »

Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I meant that the Chelmsford passmark is likely to be lower than last year, rather than lower than the Southend schools.

Even with the catchment the Chelmsford scores are sill likely to be higher than those of Southend as there are only two grammars in Chelmsford compared with four in Southend.
Manana

Post by Manana »

ahap wrote:Chelmsford is now like the Southend schools which will be taking 80% in catchment of 12.5mile radius and 20% out of catchment.
So chelmsford will take (eg if the intake was 100 children) -they'd take the 80 children in catchment with the highest scores, then the highest scoring 20 out of catchment?

So is the score 303 relevant to this or is that just a southend thing? Might the pass mark be higher/lower-which is more likely fr a Rayleigh child to get into? It seems unfair they are in catchment for both!!
ahap

Post by ahap »

I don't think there is a pass mark as such for Chelmsford schools. They will take the highest 80% IC and 20% OOC. 12.5 miles is still a large area so the score may be a bit lower than last year.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
skenty

Post by skenty »

hopefully 303 will still be enough for catchment Southend. Does anyone know what the score is for grammar stream at St Bernard's - heard it might be lower than 303??
moved

Post by moved »

It also varies. They take the top applicants who apply. I have heard of 293 being given a place.
Manana

Post by Manana »

skenty wrote:hopefully 303 will still be enough for catchment Southend. Does anyone know what the score is for grammar stream at St Bernard's - heard it might be lower than 303??
Yes-I hope 303 might be enough for catchment Southend. I am desperate to know what effect the catchment widening will have on the score. I wish they'd waiting until next year to implement this!! Or in eight years after all of my children will have taken it :lol:

I keep playing over possible marks DS might get in my head and wondering what I would be relieved by reading on the 15th!? If DS gets 303 and the email says he 'might be a successful candidate' -it will be a long five months! I wonder how many more people from the 'new' Southend catchment decided to take the 11+ this year in the hope that they would stand more of a chance? DS's candidate number was 000076 or something like that, but I know friends of his were number 3000 so I would imagine looooads of people took it.

Oh hurry up, October 15th!
skenty

Post by skenty »

totally agree Manana - looking forward to 15th and dreading it in equal measures. I have calculated overall % for the lowest scores I can find and am slowly going mad!!

Large glass of vino required.... :lol: