Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DBSUK_MOM

Difficulty

Post by DBSUK_MOM »

Hi Fellow members,

Finally the CSSE 11+ entrance exams are over and now anxiously waiting for the results on 15th October :roll: ,,, Just wondering how your child found the papers ( all subjects) ?

My daughter found maths paper bit easy, English was OK but she said that verbal reasoning was difficult.

What are your views on the difficulty levels this year ?
Hamilton12

Re: Difficulty

Post by Hamilton12 »

In response to the previous post... my son also found the V/R paper most difficult. He said that maths appeared easy and English was fine. I felt a bit disappointed for him at first due to really high V/R mock results, however if lots of children found the V/R difficult then the Barr will change accordingly X :D
Manana

Post by Manana »

My DS found the Maths and VR papers fine, but said the English was tricky.

Roll in the 15th. When will we find out-by email at midnight?
Plush

Post by Plush »

My DD felt that Maths and VR were fine and that English was ok. Difficult wait for the results now.........
We are out of catchment area as well!
2kidsdad

Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Post by 2kidsdad »

Hi Everyone

Well done to all the DC for having gone through the CSSE exams with lot of perseverance. It was wonderful to see so many DC coming out of the exams with different emotions and it made me feel very proud of their accomplishments at such a young age. I feel that irrespective of the outcome, our appreciation for DD's hardwork and commitment has deepened.

As a general comment, my DD mentioned that CSSE English and VR were OK, but Maths was difficult and timeconsuming and she could not complete the paper. It was a shock to us as she has been always very good at Maths. She has taken it badly :( on herself and feeling down about it.

I know that we are not allowed to discuss specifics of Qs in this forum before the back-up date, but would appreciate comments from others regarding difficulty of Maths paper and whether time was sufficient to complete or not - this would help us atleast to console her.

Many thanks for your feedback in advance.
Gladwhenitsover

Re: Yesterday's CSSE Exams 2012

Post by Gladwhenitsover »

My DS said exactly the same about Maths and he didn't manage to complete all of the questions. He also said the VR was much harder than the GL familiarisation papers so he was a bit down when he came out. Still, hopefully the standardisation of the marks will take into account the difficultly of the papers. It's going to be a long 3 week wait but we are so proud of him no matter what the result!
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

DD finished all papers. She said that she found the English difficult, VR and Maths OK.
mclm

Post by mclm »

Hi everyone.

Don't fret over not finishing papers. Over the last few years there have been many cases of DC not finishing, but scoring highly. It's quality not quantity that counts.
Likewise on the VR, every year the DC are surprised how hard it is - always worse than GL. Both my DD's said the same thing & both are now happily studying at GS's.

I hope this help ease some of your worries. At least you only have 3 or so weeks until you know for sure.

Have a relaxing (& hard earned!) Sunday. Well done to your DC for sitting the exam.
Dazel

Post by Dazel »

My DS said the English and Maths 'ok' but the VR was harder than he thought it would be.
skenty

Post by skenty »

my DS found the VR really hard and struggled to finish it - she was really upset. She did find the English / Maths OK and felt she did OK. It's so hard to know - do you think if all have done badly on the VR they will adjust the scores?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now