6 days to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SpicyMum

Re: 6 days to go!

Post by SpicyMum »

I've heard that the children's schools get to know about the results before the parents do. Now I feel the silly one for having ticked that box on the CSSE form and now the teachers won't be able to tell us in advance (if they want to) if DS has done well or not... :(
Manana

Post by Manana »

SpicyMum wrote:I've heard that the children's schools get to know about the results before the parents do. Now I feel the silly one for having ticked that box on the CSSE form and now the teachers won't be able to tell us in advance (if they want to) if DS has done well or not... :(
As a teacher-we only usually find out the schools allocated the day before the children find out and we certainly wouldn't tell the parents anyway.

As a parent-which box on the CSSE form!? I don't remember the option of ticking a box??
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

i agree mum of boys and thought the same regarding the top 100 or so getting an invitation, wish I'd never rung Kegs now as keep thinking about it. :shock:
SpicyMum

Post by SpicyMum »

Manana wrote:
SpicyMum wrote:I've heard that the children's schools get to know about the results before the parents do. Now I feel the silly one for having ticked that box on the CSSE form and now the teachers won't be able to tell us in advance (if they want to) if DS has done well or not... :(
As a teacher-we only usually find out the schools allocated the day before the children find out and we certainly wouldn't tell the parents anyway.

As a parent-which box on the CSSE form!? I don't remember the option of ticking a box??
There was a box on which to tick if you would rather not want your child's school to know about the result. It felt right back then to save my DS his blushes if he hasn't done well in his exams. Now I feel a little ashamed of being so "private" about it...
skenty

Post by skenty »

I am going slowly mad and still having 11+ dreams - please fast forward to Monday and get this over with!!!
Manana

Post by Manana »

skenty wrote:I am going slowly mad and still having 11+ dreams - please fast forward to Monday and get this over with!!!
Yes-the 11+ dreams have started here, too! Even DS said he dreamt about it last night; he said he dreamt he got 87%. Of course this made me worry, as he'll now be crushed and disappointed when he doesn't get that!!

Do you think everyone else at the school gates is going mad or is it just us? Everyone else looks completely calm! Maybe I look calm to them though-beneath the dark glasses...!
skenty

Post by skenty »

They are all going mad too -but trying to act as if all is fine. Get ready for the day after results day - awful at the school gate. Hope all goes well for your DS
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

Approx 5 days, 2hours, 50minutes, 10 seconds to go .... I'm increasingly get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.... Is this how stomach ulcers start?? :roll:
I'm feeling pessimistic today, but did a good job hiding it from DD this morning.
Maybe it will all seem better tomorrow; and next week (if the result is good) I may be thinking what was all the fuss about, but at the moment I'm dreading the result and thinking the worst.

I didn't realize the schools had the results before us, I naively assumed they got the results at the same time as we did, if I had I think I wouldn't have said yes. Not that I want to keep it private but its going to be difficult picking DD up on result day: her teacher and headteacher are frequently around in the playground so I'm going to be looking at them for any signs of how she has done. Only 4 children have taken the exam at her school, so we'll be huddled together in the playground, scrutinizing the teaching staff for any clues!
skenty

Post by skenty »

I am not optimistic as my DD didn't finish the VR paper and came out in tears - so really am not expecting her to have passed but can't help but hope. It's really hard as my other DD is at SHSG and loves it so my younger DD really wants to go - looks like it might be the local comp for us now. Fingers crossed and large glass of vino at the ready!!!
ahap

Post by ahap »

We had the parents meeting on a Tuesday last year in February and we got the results on Thursday. My DS's class teacher kept saying DS will do very well at his allocated local school, and the teacher's DC also did not get in to a GS. However the DC had got very good results for GCSE or A/L or something and was in the news for the results, and so on. So I was wondering at that time why the teacher was saying that and was looking at her blankly without any response, she asked whether we got the results and when I said no, she said, he will do just fine in the GS too if he gets it but will shine at his local school if he does not get the GS as it is also a good school. It did not strike me at first, I was a complete tube light and only when we got the results did I realise that...... aha!!! the schools know before we do. :evil:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now