Results on Monday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
seriousmum

Re: Results on Monday

Post by seriousmum »

purplegirl wrote:Oh well, we may have to be patient for a few extra minutes.
Any way,as they have around 4000 emails to sent it may take a while for them all to be sent through anyway!
I only hope it contains some useful information, but I think most of us will be waiting until March for any certainty. :?
Well.... I called the CSSE this afternoon and the lady confirmed that emails will be sent out from 4:30pm on Monday.

I then asked what level of information was going to be sent along with the results. She claimed that we will be given graphs/charts of results for the last four years. I then asked how the information was going to be helpful as we don't know how well or how badly kids will perform this year. She then stated that no matter how good or bad the overall performance is, the whole point of standardisation is to bring the results in line with required levels - similar to previous years. Suffice to say the cut off should be similar as last year? i.e. 344 ish for CRGS? Just assuming....
Manana

Post by Manana »

seriousmum wrote:
purplegirl wrote:Oh well, we may have to be patient for a few extra minutes.
Any way,as they have around 4000 emails to sent it may take a while for them all to be sent through anyway!
I only hope it contains some useful information, but I think most of us will be waiting until March for any certainty. :?
Well.... I called the CSSE this afternoon and the lady confirmed that emails will be sent out from 4:30pm on Monday.

I then asked what level of information was going to be sent along with the results. She claimed that we will be given graphs/charts of results for the last four years. I then asked how the information was going to be helpful as we don't know how well or how badly kids will perform this year. She then stated that no matter how good or bad the overall performance is, the whole point of standardisation is to bring the results in line with required levels - similar to previous years. Suffice to say the cut off should be similar as last year? i.e. 344 ish for CRGS? Just assuming....

The problem with scores for last year (for Southend/Chelmsford) is the catchment changes mean scores might be quite different this year! Have the CSSE addressed this?
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

seriousmum wrote:

If you live within the catchment areas for southend/ westcliff or chelmsford then the previous years will give you a bit of a guide line, but if you live/applying outside catchment then I'm not sure if previous years results will be so useful. For instance people (who live outside chelmsford catchment) who previously would have been given a place at chelmsford will be fighting over fewer places at chelmsford, and may apply to other GS and effect the scores needed for those schools.
Its all so complex!
I think I'm looking forward to seeing what info we get on Monday...But roll on March when we actually find out what is going on. :roll:
Manana

Post by Manana »

purplegirl wrote:
seriousmum wrote:

If you live within the catchment areas for southend/ westcliff or chelmsford then the previous years will give you a bit of a guide line, but if you live/applying outside catchment then I'm not sure if previous years results will be so useful. For instance people (who live outside chelmsford catchment) who previously would have been given a place at chelmsford will be fighting over fewer places at chelmsford, and may apply to other GS and effect the scores needed for those schools.
Its all so complex!
I think I'm looking forward to seeing what info we get on Monday...But roll on March when we actually find out what is going on. :roll:

I'm starting to feel quite nauseous again when I think about it!

Do you think that they are sending the emails out at 4.30 to avoid 4000 parents immediately ringing the CSSE office demanding to know what on earth they mean?!
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

I've just checked what time I received DS results from CSSE in March 2011. The time on the email is 16:13 and I know it was definitely this time as I remember we hadn't been home long and I'd only just sat down with a cup of tea. Not sure if this helps but thought you might like to know. Computer and internet failure not withstanding, in less than 72 hours the wait will be over! Will it be :shock: or :D or :cry: or maybe all three! Que sera, sera :)
Best wishes everyone, hope its good news.
Manana

Post by Manana »

Bizziemum wrote:I've just checked what time I received DS results from CSSE in March 2011. The time on the email is 16:13 and I know it was definitely this time as I remember we hadn't been home long and I'd only just sat down with a cup of tea. Not sure if this helps but thought you might like to know. Computer and internet failure not withstanding, in less than 72 hours the wait will be over! Will it be :shock: or :D or :cry: or maybe all three! Que sera, sera :)

2 days to go-hurry up!!

I have to say though that waiting for an email is probably better than waiting for the postman!!!
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

Bizziemum wrote:I've just checked what time I received DS results from CSSE in March 2011. The time on the email is 16:13 and I know it was definitely this time as I remember we hadn't been home long and I'd only just sat down with a cup of tea. Not sure if this helps but thought you might like to know. Computer and internet failure not withstanding, in less than 72 hours the wait will be over! Will it be :shock: or :D or :cry: or maybe all three! Que sera, sera :)
Roughly 2 days, 6hours to go... not that I am watching the clock...My stomach still churns at the thought of opening that email, but I must say I'm feeling more hopeful about it today.
As Bizziemum put it "Best wishes everyone, hope its good news" couldn't have put it better myself. :)
skenty

Post by skenty »

I don't think it will be good news for us as DD had an out of character flip out in the test and cried. I just want the result now so we can stop the tiny bit of hope that niggles me and put plan B and C into action...
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

purplegirl wrote: .My stomach still churns at the thought of opening that email
Ah yes! You wait till its sitting there teasing you, to click or not to click? Do you do it and announce it; does DS or DD do it; do you have a peek and then let DS or DD do it? Ah yes I remember it well. Think I will let DS do it 'cos I won't be able to!! :shock:
Manana

Post by Manana »

skenty wrote:I don't think it will be good news for us as DD had an out of character flip out in the test and cried. I just want the result now so we can stop the tiny bit of hope that niggles me and put plan B and C into action...

I wish I had a satisfactory plan b or c!! Plan b involves getting on a bus at 6.55 to go to a massive out of town comp with funny hours and no proper lunch break. Plan c is the local (not really a) comp which keeps changing its name and has only 14% of children getting 5 a-c grades (including Maths/English) at gcse!!

I can't bear the suspense!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now