Scores on the doors for 2013 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
toolate

Re: Scores on the doors for 2013 entry

Post by toolate »

What about independent schools in Chelmsford?
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

That's a good question. I wonder if some of that 33% of pupils from independent schools are from Chelmsford? And would maybe choose KEGS as a first choice? Thus freeing up more places?

I doubt anybody will have the answers to that one before 1st March though!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

When my son started CRGs a few years ago, the class list he was given at induction contained the feeder schools as well as the boys names. Being nosey I goggled the schools :oops:
In his year just under 1/3 came from Independent prep schools and under half of these were in Colchester. The rest were from Chelmsford and Frinton.
Leaving just 33% of places to be split between boys from State schools within Colchester, overseas students, and people travelling from Redbridge and London.
Although pupils travelling from Redbridge and/or London gets talked about a lot on this forum my DC's know very few who do. Many more come from just over the Suffolk boarder and up to Ipswich. My DD's class at ColCHS has several Suffolk pupils as this is a much more manageable journey than from South Essex.

Obviously the Chelmsford Catchment may change this but that only time will tell.
bendyspatula

Post by bendyspatula »

I recall that about a week or so after these scores all came out there was a list on here somewhere showing them all in a long list; scores and then OSW in order of OSW. This wouldbe really handy but I now can't find it - any chance a mod could put a link to it at the bottom of this thread please?
dilemamum

Post by dilemamum »

I would like to check the scores from past few years from CCHG, where can I find it. My DD would like to put it as her first choice school, she is very smart, very confident and optimistic, I'm more as a secretly 'keep a finger on a pulse' person. Please give me some advices and also would like to find a good tutor in Chelmsford area. Any ideas?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

If you mean Chelmsford CHS and are looking for future entry then past scores are, I'm afraid, not going to be of any use to you, as the school is changing the exam from next September. All past scores are for the CSSE exam currently used by all the Essex grammar schools but CCHS is going alone next year with a new CEM exam.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=29554
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now