Discussion/whooping/panicking thread!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Discussion/whooping/panicking thread!

Post by moved »

Given the need for more discussion about results this year. I thought an extra thread would help. :D
Snowdrops

Re: Discussion/whooping/panicking thread!

Post by Snowdrops »

:oops: :oops: whoops, misread that, moved, and thought you were panicking about whooping cough and wanted a discussion about it :roll:
moved

Post by moved »

Perhaps I should change the name! :mrgreen:
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Has anyone been invited or knows a boy invited to Kegs for a post eleven plus tour/meeting? I'm starting to panic after listening to the Kegs answer machine!!!
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

jojo1 wrote:Has anyone been invited or knows a boy invited to Kegs for a post eleven plus tour/meeting? I'm starting to panic after listening to the Kegs answer machine!!!
I haven't heard of anyone either at my primary school or elsewhere who has an invite to any of the GS yet.
bendyspatula

Post by bendyspatula »

Not expecting to whoop. Panic has now largely subsided and resignation set in. Options are so limited (due to funds and not having put DD up for some of the other selective tests available) that I'm not really expecting to feel anything other than flat disappointme yet optimism that whatever school she attends we'll do our best to enable her to do hers.

The Bucks story was definitely a tear jerker, and I hope in 6 years' time that we might watch the jubilation of DD's GCSE (or equivalent) success. At least today she won't be alone with an envelope.... we parents will be alone with our email!
ahap

Post by ahap »

Right,..... microsoft has decided do some updating for hotmail accounts. What a day to pick. Is anyone having any trouble with hotmail? I mean do they know that I'm waiting for my DD's results and they are purposely doing this to annoy me? :x . :lol: Hopefully it will be amended by 4 p.m.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Tixylixy

Post by Tixylixy »

Morning all and best wishes for this afternoon.

I'm sure I'm not alone but I have to say that after 6/7 sleepless nights and the anxiety, stress, trepidation and terror about the results, I feel positively sick to the stomach.

I've lost my appetite and like another mother mentioned on the Forum, I would happily go through childbirth again, rather than having to go through the painful 11+ process.

I've no doubt that the majority of parents on this Forum are simply trying to give their DC the best possible educational opportunities and I ask myself, does it have to be so painful? If there were more grammar schools across the Country, much of this torture would be alleviated. It must be clear to the successive governments that many parents want the grammar system and yet they refuse to create more gs and being the cynic that I am, I can only conclude that this is designed to keep those of us who do not have the means to send our DC to indies but aspire to give them the best education, firmly in our places and not to be audaciious enough to have designs above our station.

I feel quite strongly that parents across the Country should lobby the government to create more grammar schools, not less.

I look forward to any views.

Regards
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Yes, totally agree, more grammar schools please!
Tixylixy wrote:Morning all and best wishes for this afternoon.

I'm sure I'm not alone but I have to say that after 6/7 sleepless nights and the anxiety, stress, trepidation and terror about the results, I feel positively sick to the stomach.

I've lost my appetite and like another mother mentioned on the Forum, I would happily go through childbirth again, rather than having to go through the painful 11+ process.

I've no doubt that the majority of parents on this Forum are simply trying to give their DC the best possible educational opportunities and I ask myself, does it have to be so painful? If there were more grammar schools across the Country, much of this torture would be alleviated. It must be clear to the successive governments that many parents want the grammar system and yet they refuse to create more gs and being the cynic that I am, I can only conclude that this is designed to keep those of us who do not have the means to send our DC to indies but aspire to give them the best education, firmly in our places and not to be audaciious enough to have designs above our station.

I feel quite strongly that parents across the Country should lobby the government to create more grammar schools, not less.

I look forward to any views.

Regards
Parent_Jeff

Post by Parent_Jeff »

Hi All,

Have read that the results will come out @ 4:30 today, I cannot recall having to put an email address anywhere on the application form? Looks like we'll be waiting for the snail mail tomorrow, assuming our postie can actually deliver the mail to the right house name for once!

Can I ring CSSE and register an email address?

Good luck all............................
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now