One day more!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Manana

One day more!

Post by Manana »

Before I launch into Les Mis songs, please distract me!

I have to say, I don't hold out much hope tomorrow! Looking at the majority of the threads on here this week, it's people asking 'do you think this score will get me into xyz school?'. It's very depressing! I wonder, if the results are going to cause this much worry and uncertainty, if the old way was better...
skenty

Re: One day more!

Post by skenty »

I'm just looking forward to getting the score - if it is a NO (and I genuinely think it is in my DD's case) then we can move on and make some plans. Good Luck to all the DC's for tomorrow...
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

How would I go about finding out what the 11+ standardised result for the last pupil admitted to CRGS for the last few years? I want to know NOW, so that I have a pretty good idea of whether DS has done well enough or not straight away.

I won't get time to digest the results straight away without DS bugging me for his score and what it means for him. So I want to have a rough clue before I open the email.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I think its usually around the 340 mark but does vary from year to year. Other than trawling through the various years results threads I think the CSSE would be the only people with this info.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Cardymow,

I was under the impression that this was the information that will come out with your score in the email - last few years score required for the different schools? However, until we get the email, no one really knows!!
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

From the 2011 and 2012 threads, I have gleaned that for CRGS, the cut offs for first round offers (not from waiting list) were :

2011 - Cut off was somewhere between 331.513 (Not offered) and 333.782 (Offered).

2012 - Cut off was somewhere between 338.84 (Not offered) and 341.285 (Offered).

I can't find the older threads to trawl through to find any more data.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

What I can't find out is what the last mark that got in from the waiting list was.
moved

Post by moved »

2012 is the highest cutoff for CRGS that I have heard of. KEGS was high too last year. I think many of the Chelmsford applicants will end up in the Ilford schools this year, rather than Colchester or Southend.

I have had numerous pupils from East London who have taken both exams and then gone to their first choice, which hasn't always been Chelmsford.
ahap

Post by ahap »

CardyMow wrote:What I can't find out is what the last mark that got in from the waiting list was.

338.84 got in to CRGS through appeal, but was 1st in the waiting list when offered a place.
The last child who got it officially through waiting list was Rank 129 with a score of 340.

edited to give the correct info.
Last edited by ahap on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
skenty

Post by skenty »

I'm hoping a glass of wine and Downton Abbey will help the absolute paranoia that is overwhelming me tonight...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now