One day more!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CardyMow

Re: One day more!

Post by CardyMow »

And to top it off, I have finally dared to look at the cost of the bus fares. Which from one side of town to the other, on just one bus, looks to be £££ each term.

Scholar's Season Ticket - if you’re under 19 and still at school or college
The Scholar's Season ticket is a prepaid ticket and can be used on most Essex County Council contracted local bus services. You can use it for 1 return journey each day, at any time, to or from school or college. It cannot be used at weekends or during school/college holidays.

"The price is based on the cheapest child rate return fare for the chosen journey. This is then multiplied by the number of days per term and a discount of 10% is taken off term tickets and 20% from annual tickets." From First Bus website.

I'm a bit scared to work it out tbh. Currently his bus fare to school works out as between £273 a YEAR, and maximum £351 a year, and I'm struggling with that.

I hope if his score is high enough to get in that there is some help available with transport costs for children on Free School Meals.

I'd hate for the cost of transport to be the thing that stops me from applying, if his score seems high enough to get a place.

I deliberately left it till now to even look, as I was scared of the costs involved. I'm now off to try and work out transport costs based on the above ticket.
mclm

Post by mclm »

CardyMow wrote:It clearly states on the CSSE website's Homepage that emails (to those that registered online) and letters (to those that registered by post) will not be sent out until the close of business on the 15th October.

Anyone know what time the CSSE shuts? I can't seem to find that on their website. I am now worrying that they won't start sending the emails out until after 5.00pm/5.30pm! :cry:

It seems to be a bit variable CardyMow. Last year we got result mails from CSSE at about 3.30pm. 2 years beforehand I didn't get the results until about 8.30pm !

Good luck to everyone waiting today. I hope you get the results you want.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

Well thanks Skenty, that will be tonight's recorded Downton ruined.... :(
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

CSSE shuts at 4.30. I think on another thread, someone had phoned them and the CSSE confirmed that they would start to send them out at 4.30. However, a couple of years ago I didn't get mine until 8.30pm and I know some were even later!!
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

I might put my phone on silent for calls, if I don't get the email till 8.30pm, I'll have loads of phone calls asking how he did when I don't know yet.

I'll spontaneously combust if I have to wait that long.

I wouldn't be half as nervous had he been fully fit and well, rather than rather unwell with Strep throat!
Manana

Post by Manana »

I think today is going to be the longest day ever!
SpicyMum

Post by SpicyMum »

Totally agree with everyone here with all the panic issues, except that mine incorporated bad dreams and disaster hat-pick results that gave me and DH 5 fails and only one, the last one pass for DS!
lmjenk

Post by lmjenk »

Well I am trying to remain calm and non-fussed to all around me but am in turmoil inside as after so much effort and hard work from ALL our DC. I am just dreading having to deliver any bad news as what does that teach them in life? That hard work doesn't pay? Been having dreams last 2 nights. Just want it all over with now :( I know DD will do well wherever she goes but SHE wants this soo bad. Is that normal? Have tried to remain neutral and very impressed with all other schools we visited but she is adament she wants GS. Does anyone else's DC feel like that? How do we make it all alright if its not what DD hoped for? Feeling so unsure as to whether it was the right thing to do for her now................................

Any advice guys?

:cry:
SpicyMum

Post by SpicyMum »

Well lets hope the end of today will bring us our much hoped-for result and so the bad dreams will end! My DS asked me again this morning if its alright if he fails?! I kept my calm as usual and said with outward confidence "of course sweetheart!" and waited until I could be away and alone in the bathroom for the Oh my God! Oh my God!...
lmjenk

Post by lmjenk »

Yes - Just roll on 4.30 or whenever they decide to send it out I will be glad to know either way really but thenthat may not be the case as we will have the middle limbo zone - if they have have scored low or very high then we will know our destiny but if they are around the previous years lower entry score? still none the wiser til March I guess x