CRGS: any point whatsoever?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
costagirl

CRGS: any point whatsoever?

Post by costagirl »

Received DS1s results tonight. Very disappointed for him and the other 4 or 5 from his school, whose results are way, way lower than we were expecting. Excuse me if this is naieve - it's my first time at all this - I'm presuming that a standardised score of 281 means there is no point whatsoever putting CRGS on application form? Not sure of how the new catchment for KEGS will affect things. Be as blunt as you like, I couldn't be any more fed up tonight!
ToadMum

Re: CRGS: any point whatsoever?

Post by ToadMum »

In theory, there is no lower limit for entry to CRGS, but unless you think you can come up with very (very) good grounds for appeal when your DS is inevitably turned down come March 1st, it would appear to be a waste of a CAF choice :( .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
costagirl

Post by costagirl »

Ok thanks. He is on heavy duty neurological medication, which I mentioned in his application for 11+. so that has been noted, but I'm not sure that would cut much ice in appeal. :(
aang

Post by aang »

281 will not get a place under normal conditions, but if you intend to appeal, then you may want to put CRGS as a choice. There is a whole forum on appeals - the most crucial factor appears to be building a substantial evidence base of strong academic ability. Appealing will be a long and difficult journey especially in Essex and not recommended for anyone faint-hearted...