I went to the enquiry visit .............and these are ones I remember.
1. Lots of parents asked lots of questions. The head said don't jeopardize your chance of getting a place at another school by putting CCHS first
. Then another parent corrected it and asked the same question and the head said you are right and came to a conclusion that you put the school in the order of your preference and that would not jeopardize your chances elsewhere if you don't score enough for ChCHS but to put ChCHS first if you want ChCHS.
2. Waiting lists will be in rank order only. There is no separate lists for IC or OOC.
3. The scores given in the CSSE guidance is correct.
Parents did ask about the OOC scores as to why 365 was in the 2nd column. Answer was that it was the lowest score of OOC candidate (the 24th rank from OOC applicants I think
) from the last 4 years that was offered a place on the 1st of March.
3rd Column 345 was eventually offered a place.
4th Column 355 was well above what is required based on the last 4 yrs.
4. About 40 or did she say 14 someone please correct me on this between 1st of March and beginning of Autumn term.
5. Very rarely they said but mentioned 1 who was offered after beginning of term.(but I heard that there were 2 perhaps 3 in 2011 in take).