How many children sat the 11+ in Essex

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Just looking

Re: How many children sat the 11+ in Essex

Post by Just looking »

toolate wrote:If anyone is brave enough to ask CSSE - it would be great to know how many took it this year and how that compares to previous 4 years.

They probably know this off the top of their heads...

I'm nominating you & when you call, don't forget you want a gender split. 8)
toolate

Post by toolate »

I've emailed!!
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

Hi all,

There were around 4000 children who took the test this year, and it looks like its a nearly 50-50 split between boys and girls.

Around 400 children took the test in CRGS and around 400 in Colchester County Girls High.

Slightly Over 800 took the test at each of the schools in Chelmsford.
toolate

Post by toolate »

CSSE emailed back!

This year the total number of candidates was 3987. Last year the figure was 3826.

Previous years have been archived and we are not currently in a position to retrieve the information.

I can advise that over the last few years the figure is usually in the region of approximately 3600-3900.
RGA

Post by RGA »

toolate wrote:CSSE emailed back!

This year the total number of candidates was 3987. Last year the figure was 3826.

Previous years have been archived and we are not currently in a position to retrieve the information.

I can advise that over the last few years the figure is usually in the region of approximately 3600-3900.

Well done you intrepid soul!

This is really interesting, it seems like the catchment changes didn't really attract more people after all. I suppose there might have been a shift from people in out of catchment locations to people in catchment locations, although anecdotally on this forum and elsewhere, the doesn't seem to be a reduction in out of catchment aspirants.
toolate

Post by toolate »

I was surprised too. But there is also a well-informed thread about this being a low birth year, so one might have actually expected a dip.

I think overall the effect of more in-catchment children giving it a go, probably won't have impacted the results too much.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now