Pass rate for Essex

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tixylixy

Pass rate for Essex

Post by Tixylixy »

I understand that approximately 4000 children took the Essex exams but does anyone know what the pass rate percentage was as the email from CSSE didn't include this information as far as I could see.

I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks
Suresh

Re: Pass rate for Essex

Post by Suresh »

Tixylixy wrote:I understand that approximately 4000 children took the Essex exams but does anyone know what the pass rate percentage was as the email from CSSE didn't include this information as far as I could see.

I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks
I think it is the total number of places available in all schools put together, there isn't any particular % i guess as except for southend schools (minimum Score required is 303 ) all other schools have no minimum mark.
Tixylixy

Post by Tixylixy »

Sorry, on reflection I realise that my question is ambiguous, what I meant to ask was how many children reached the passed mark of 303?
Gaunt

Post by Gaunt »

My understanding is that 300 is the average score, so slightly less than half would make 303, the majority of these would be outside the Southend catchment
moved

Post by moved »

1212 places available. Many who scored above 303 will not choose an Essex grammar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now