How to apply to WHSG from Thurrock

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chakmas

How to apply to WHSG from Thurrock

Post by chakmas »

Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance. My daughter appeared in CSSE test and scored 369.754. We live in Thurrock and want to apply for WHSG. According to our council's application form it says we need to put WHSG as our first preference. Then they will forward the school admission request to WHSG. I have put WHSG as our first preference and submitted the form already. But now I am in doubt, how WHSG will know my daughter's score? Do they have access to CSSE results and check each applicant's score from CSSE. If so, do we need to contact WHSG or given them the candidate number etc?

Help will be much appreciated. I can edit my school admission form until 31-Oct-2012.

Regards
Suresh

Re: How to apply to WHSG from Thurrock

Post by Suresh »

chakmas wrote:Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance. My daughter appeared in CSSE test and scored 369.754. We live in Thurrock and want to apply for WHSG. According to our council's application form it says we need to put WHSG as our first preference. Then they will forward the school admission request to WHSG. I have put WHSG as our first preference and submitted the form already. But now I am in doubt, how WHSG will know my daughter's score? Do they have access to CSSE results and check each applicant's score from CSSE. If so, do we need to contact WHSG or given them the candidate number etc?

Help will be much appreciated. I can edit my school admission form until 31-Oct-2012.

Regards
You do not have to do anything anymore. Your local LEA will contact Southend LEA, who in turn will get the scores from CSSE.
Southend LEA will send your request to the school, with the score you have the school will tell the Southend LEA of the offer which will be then intimated to your local LEA.
All this happens behind the screen in the next 4 months.
You will be informed by your LEA on the 1st of March of your offer. Good luckl.
Hope that explains or did i confuse you more.
chakmas

Re: How to apply to WHSG from Thurrock

Post by chakmas »

Hi Suresh,

Thanks a lot. It is clear to me now. I was thinking my LEA will send the request directly to WHSG and wondering how they will get access to the scores. Did not think about Southend LEA that comes in between. So now I understand how WHSG will get the scores.

Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now