Araucana girl wrote:
bravado wrote:
Be aware...but don't plan your worries, as it zaps your valuable energy :wink:
Wise words Bravado, I think I should remember your quote :D
Thanks Araucana girl - wish I could remember it more often :roll: :lol:
ToadMum

Re: Thoughts on bullying? CCHS, WHSG

Post by ToadMum »

CardyMow wrote:Bullying at CRGS concerns me over the way the administer Free School Meals, as it is obvious to pupils which ones are on FSm's, as the apparently use a raffle ticket system, rather than a cashless system for everyone.
Neither DS1's (SHSB) nor DD's school (Cecil Jones) uses a cashless system for meals. At SHSB as far as DS1 has noticed, the FSM boys just confirm their name at the cash desk. Admittedly he is not necessarily the most observant, but he says he has never noticed this being a cause for comment.

CJC uses tickets / vouchers; DD's comment when I queried whether the children on FSM mind this, was "no-one says anything, because the only ones who would be likely to pass comment are on free school meals themselves" :roll:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

Those are very wise words, Bravado.

I think it is an issue to me because if my older DD's experience. That Comp has 'the list' so it is obvious who is on FSM's, and it is a relatively small proportion, for a Comp. The other local Comp has a cashless system.

According to the Deputy HT, after talking to the office staff, only 7/8 pupils there are currently on FSM's. not a huge percentage.

But you are right, I should stop planning my worries, and deal with things as they come up, shouldn't I!
pleased as punch

Post by pleased as punch »

Know this is going off the bullying side a bit, but my DD is in a local comp and the prices of the canteen food are far higher than at SHSB (where DS attends), in fact she can easily spend nearly double. I do not claim FSM and therefore am not sure of the system in the schools, although neither child has ever commented on a problem and just accept that FSM happens. As I assume there is a daily allowance for lunch, I thought you may be interested to know that the different schools vary significantly.