What is the art department like at Kegs?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jojo1

What is the art department like at Kegs?

Post by jojo1 »

My son has a real passion for Art and was really impressed with art department at WHSB. Would anyone be able to let me know on what they know of the art department at Kegs?
moved

Re: What is the art department like at Kegs?

Post by moved »

Not DS' forte but he enjoyed the subject and liked the staff. Have you had a look?
ivory

Post by ivory »

My son only started at KEGS this year. Art really wasn't his thing at primary school.....but I have been amazed at his work so far. They have covered a wide range from photography to portraits and different styles. The art teachers feedback is wonderfully motivating and my ds has gone from dreading art to embracing it in 7 weeks!
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

If not already done, I suggest you visit the Art department at kegs. I was quite impressed by all the drawings and paintings on display 2 years ago.
As for Ivory, my son is in Y7 and I have found that they take Arts very seriously and was pleased that they push the children nicely to produce very nice works, learn about technics, artists etc...There is also plenty and lengthy homework in Arts and my son really enjoys it.
dengiegirl

Post by dengiegirl »

My son is in Year 10 at Kegs and is taking GCSE art. The teachers are very supportive and encouraging- the emphasis is on having a go and doing the best you can. There are some problems with the National Curriculum requirements (which will apply to all schools ) in that sometimes the kids have to jump through the hoops to tick the necessary boxes which can mean a bit of a change in pace, but the teachers seem very good at guiding the boys along without adversely affecting their enthusiasm. Apparently it all frees up a lot more at A level. MY nephew was at WHSB and took A level art and my impression is that both schools are equally as good.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now