Chelmsford vs Colchester vs Westcliff vs Southend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lspr

Chelmsford vs Colchester vs Westcliff vs Southend

Post by lspr »

Considering that am out of the catchment areas or any way near to these schools and am looking to move when and if my dd gets in , could anyone tell me which is better one to aim for. We looked around at westcliff and liked it but if anyone has their ds or dd in these could tell us the ground situation.

Very confused.
Lspr
Minesatea

Re: Chelmsford vs Colchester vs Westcliff vs Southend

Post by Minesatea »

They are all good schools, but all different. I don't think there is a best one to aim for, you need to visit and see which you and your DD feels best suits her.
am looking to move when and if my dd gets in

The problem with this is that all except Colchester (at the moment) have a catchment area so your DD would stand a better chance of securing a place if you moved before the exam rather than later. Out of catchment children require significantly higher scores than in catchment, so if you are going to move anyway I would do this first making sure that you have a good back up school option nearby.
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

Rayleigh is in catchment for the Southend and Westcliff schools and if you live in the right part you'll be in catchment for the Fitzwimarc School which has just had a very good Ofsted report
moved

Post by moved »

Rayleigh is also in catchment for the Chelmsford schools and as the Colchester schools have no catchment, it is the only place that has the advantage for every Essex grammar!
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

Agreed and as I said one of the two comprehensive schools in the town is also very good. My son passed the exam in September. His VR coach suggested to a lad's parents who had just missed out that the Fitzwimarc was probably a better option than travelling to private school in Chelmsford.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now