Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm 

I have heard on the gossip vine that it is usual at the start of every new year for each girl's score to be posted on a board so that it fuels the competition and the girls know where they stand. I was quite shocked at this and was wondering if its true (I am doubting it) and whether this really conveys the philosophy of the school.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm 

Hi my daughter is in year 7, and never spotted it, and she is quite nosey so I am sure if it was there she would have seen it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 pm 

I generally find that the best way to cut the rumour-mill stone-dead in such circumstances, is to ring up and ask :wink:
I've found it especially useful on my second 11+ voyage. Sometimes I tell people what I've found out, sometimes I don't, as it can be more delicious to let them carry on believing... :twisted: Only kidding - I pass on what I've found, to people on here lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm 

Hi, I have a daughter in year 7 and a daughter in year 10. The school would never post such information. Any such mention of scores comes only from the children and that's probably at the start of year 7. I wouldn't worry that this information is true :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 pm 

Thank you - you have confirmed my thoughts. Where do people get these ideas?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm 

No definitely not. The girls who know their score / position sometimes discuss it but it is not publicised by the staff.
There is a lot of competition within the school but this is generally inter-form rivalry (no house system) rather than as individuals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 am 

It's definitely not true. Parents wouldn't like their daughter's results to be publicised, rather than encouraging students to get more competitive, it might upset some of the girls who didn't do as well as expected and I haven't heard anything about this happening at the school. Don't worry, it's just gossip. :)