Waiting list thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mmtume

Re: Waiting list thread

Post by mmtume »

moved wrote:
mmtume wrote:Hmmm....what to do.....just spoke to Essex and advised position on waiting list....17th and 78th for Southend and 40th and 104th for WHSB....not sure what to do.......looks like chances are really slim :(
Did you move? Not sure if it would help? Your boys scores were only a few points apart and there is a huge difference in places.
Sorry, don't understand.....do you mean perhaps moving in to catchment area might help? Indeed only a few points between them...goes to show the huge numbers subscribed to those schools.
toolate

Post by toolate »

Just to say...Good Luck tomorrow..fingers crossed for those who find out their position.
moved

Post by moved »

I thought you said you were moving before March.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

DS is 18th on waiting list for CRGS and 51st on waiting list for KEGS OOC. Am going to appeal. :(
confusedparents

Post by confusedparents »

My DD is second on the waiting list for CHCHS with her score of 365.232. The lady in Essex admissions said that their system is live and gets updated automatically and they have been able to access it only today. Does that mean it has already the rejected offers so far or it will only be updated on 15th march after the deadline?
toolate

Post by toolate »

Oh Cardy. I am so so sorry that you will have to go that route. I know that you have an enormous amount on right now and launching an appeal is the last thing you need. Your chances at an appeal sound very strong.
ahap

Post by ahap »

confusedparents wrote:My DD is second on the waiting list for CHCHS with her score of 365.232. The lady in Essex admissions said that their system is live and gets updated automatically and they have been able to access it only today. Does that mean it has already the rejected offers so far or it will only be updated on 15th march after the deadline?
After 15th March the waiting list will move as and when they receive the rejections because applicants have to accept the place offered and then wait for another offer from elsewhere and when it does, they reject the place that was offered before.
eg: Offer from Indies, WCHS, Seven Kings etc.....
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

I'm thinking that I will phone up to find out his place on the waiting list once a week on a Friday. I will keep updated on this thread.
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

I've heard that the appeal process(from someone who was a governor of Kegs) is brutal, so if you do go ahead be prepared for a fight.
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

jojo1 wrote:I've heard that the appeal process(from someone who was a governor of Kegs) is brutal, so if you do go ahead be prepared for a fight.
Brutal is an understatement, but its not impossible. Make a good argument with all evidences and probably you can get through. Good Luck for all those who are going through the appeal route.