Waiting list thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Worrisome Mum

Re: Waiting list thread

Post by Worrisome Mum »

Thanks Cardymow that is helpful. Fingers crossed for your DS.
Oh can't they just have an extra class at CRGS and relieve us of our misery?? :cry: They are the only one with lowest PAN :(
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

That's so tough to have scored so highly and not get a space still. They really need to have a catchment!!!
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

I'm wondering if they are over PAN - I'm sure I read on here that one boy got his place on appeal. Wouldn't that mean that they are over PAN, and two people would have to decline places before they offered from the waiting list? Or has there been any movement on the waiting list since that boy got in on appeal?
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

I don't know how it works. A boy definitely got in on appeal from my daughter's school. He got a place about 3 weeks ago, don't think there has been movement since, but don't know for sure. I think two people would have to turn down their places, but it does happen. People say there is still movement over the holdiays and right into the autumn term.
I always wonder what people are considering!
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

Still second on the waiting list according to County, but they said that the school has to update them before they can move the waiting list. Still got my fingers crossed.
fraff

Post by fraff »

hongkong wrote:I don't know how it works. A boy definitely got in on appeal from my daughter's school. He got a place about 3 weeks ago, don't think there has been movement since, but don't know for sure. I think two people would have to turn down their places, but it does happen. People say there is still movement over the holdiays and right into the autumn term.
I always wonder what people are considering!
My son now reckons that the boy who, it was thought, got in on appeal actually got in off the waiting list - though as ever it's perhaps best to take reports from 11 year old boys with a pinch of salt!
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

If you need to know exactly whats happening, you can always write to the county and to the school requesting info as per the Freedom of Information Act.

I did ask them how many were allocated, late applicants, appeals and so on. It took them a couple of weeks but I did get it, was really helpful in my appeal.

They are obliged to share the info, without disclosing the names of course.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

He's still second on the waiting list. County say that it is updated regularly over the holidays too. Last place offered was on the 18th July.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

Still second. If anyone hears of anybody being offered a place or even turning a place down (someone maybe moving out of the area?) then could thèy please post on here to let me know? Thanks.
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

Was wondering if anyone got a space in the schools this week. I've heard in the past that usually someone wont turn up in the first week, so a place is offered. Hope this has happened for some of you!!