How many kids from state schools got a place at

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blitz

Re: How many kids from state schools got a place at

Post by Blitz »

4 boys and 5 girls from my DS class of 30 at a 1 form entry state primary. (5 to chelmsford schools, 1 to Colchester, 3 to Southend- all the Southend children are within 3 points of a KEGS score and 2 points of Colchester, so things will probably change)
dez

Post by dez »

State primary 3 KEGS & 3 ChCHS.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

.. and to restore your faith I know of a DD at Indie who had a one to one tutor.. and was nowhere near getting in.
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

In DDs small state primary, 2 DDs have are taking up places at ChCHS :D , but no boys :( have had GS offers.

Some parents are hopeful that they will be high on the waiting list; as what normally happens is many private school DCs do the 11plus as practice for indie exams/prestige, but they then take up offers from indies and in April their GS places are released.
bravado

Post by bravado »

You can add another 3 from a state primary.
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

From DD's state school:
3 girls offered ChCHS
6 boys offered KEGS
3 boys offered WHSB
ahap

Post by ahap »

DD's state school.

ChCHS- 1
SHSG-1
Kegs-2

will update about the places at other GSs.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

DS1's State Primary, 30 in year group. One boy offered CRGS with a score of 365. Three girls offered CoCHS, don't know their scores. DS1 not offered - but cut off is around 339.5, and he scored 337.171, so am hoping for a place from the waiting list. So four, possibly six out of 30. (One girl on waiting list for CoCHS, but apparently very close to the cut off).

Not bad, approx 13% - 20% of the year group?
costagirl

Post by costagirl »

Golly, you have restored my faith. Congratulations to all those children. I'm so pleased that so many from state primaries have been offered places. I just don't know what happened in the case of our v bright kids this year - 10 of them sailing through Level 6 Maths and Literacy at the moment, those that did 11+ had a year of tutoring outside school, but not one of them scored high enough for Colchester or Chelmsford. Our school does not do any 11+ preparation at all - I'm wondering how many of your primaries do?

Am v pleased for all those from the state system that got in - and thank you for telling me. Sad that none of ours did. :(
bravado

Post by bravado »

costagirl wrote: I just don't know what happened in the case of our v bright kids this year - 10 of them sailing through Level 6 Maths and Literacy at the moment, those that did 11+ had a year of tutoring outside school, but not one of them scored high enough for Colchester or Chelmsford. Our school does not do any 11+ preparation at all - I'm wondering how many of your primaries do?

:(
Sorry to hear about this. :(
Experience has shown me that tutoring is no guarantee of success. Of the 8 children sitting the 2012 test in DD's class, 7 received professional tutoring and one was DIY'd. On March 1st, 3 secured places - 2 professionally tutored, 1 DIY.
DD's does no prep - there's simply no time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now