Can any existing ColCHS people confirm this is true?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

laluna

Can any existing ColCHS people confirm this is true?

Post by laluna »

I have heard on the gossip vine that it is usual at the start of every new year for each girl's score to be posted on a board so that it fuels the competition and the girls know where they stand. I was quite shocked at this and was wondering if its true (I am doubting it) and whether this really conveys the philosophy of the school.
Rubycat

Re: Can any existing ColCHS people confirm this is true?

Post by Rubycat »

Hi my daughter is in year 7, and never spotted it, and she is quite nosey so I am sure if it was there she would have seen it.
bravado

Post by bravado »

I generally find that the best way to cut the rumour-mill stone-dead in such circumstances, is to ring up and ask :wink:
I've found it especially useful on my second 11+ voyage. Sometimes I tell people what I've found out, sometimes I don't, as it can be more delicious to let them carry on believing... :twisted: Only kidding - I pass on what I've found, to people on here lol
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, I have a daughter in year 7 and a daughter in year 10. The school would never post such information. Any such mention of scores comes only from the children and that's probably at the start of year 7. I wouldn't worry that this information is true :?
laluna

Post by laluna »

Thank you - you have confirmed my thoughts. Where do people get these ideas?!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

No definitely not. The girls who know their score / position sometimes discuss it but it is not publicised by the staff.
There is a lot of competition within the school but this is generally inter-form rivalry (no house system) rather than as individuals.
DBSUK_MOM

Post by DBSUK_MOM »

It's definitely not true. Parents wouldn't like their daughter's results to be publicised, rather than encouraging students to get more competitive, it might upset some of the girls who didn't do as well as expected and I haven't heard anything about this happening at the school. Don't worry, it's just gossip. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now