CRGS uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fraff

CRGS uniform

Post by fraff »

Hello all

A quick question that those of you with sons at CRGS may know the answer to.

Our DS starts CRGS in September and we're about to start getting all the things for his uniform. I just have a question on name tags.

Cash's seem to do standard name tags in 8mm and 12mm sizes, and I just wondered which size boys tend to go for? As they need to go on the front of some of the sports kit, I'm keen not to cause eternal embarrassment to DS by getting the wrong size!

Thanks everyone
Minesatea

Re: CRGS uniform

Post by Minesatea »

I used the 25mm on the front of DS' s sports kit. Once they get higher up the school and the pe teachers learn their names they don't seem to care so much but in year 7 they want to be able to read it on the rugby pitch.
KB

Post by KB »

If DS annoys you over the summer holiday you can get your own back by telling him the reason he needs his name on his rugby shirt is so that when he gets knocked out they know what his name is :)

Its a complete pain but so much kit goes missing in the changing room is worth the effort to name everything worth more than a couple of pounds!

If you have the energy its worth checking kit/blazer/shirt/trousers when they get home on a Friday so if something is missing/not theirs they can be dispatched to look for it before too much time elapses.
Over the years we have ended up with several un-named, greying shirts and t=shirts :)

Hope your DS has a great time on Thursday.
fraff

Post by fraff »

Thanks minesatea and kb. Yes, I think there's plenty of naming of kit to look forward to over the summer!

DS is really looking forward to Thursday - I suspect if he has a good day, he'll want to get along to the treasure hunt on Sunday, though at the moment he's leaning towards going to his granny's birthday picnic then instead...
KB

Post by KB »

Granny should always come first!
Tinks62

Post by Tinks62 »

Help!
Only just getting around to sewing name labels in/on all the kit DS needs to start year 7 on Wednesday. (Talk about cut it fine) :lol:
I know that his name needs to be on the outside on both sides of the rugby shirt, but does he also need his name on the outside of his PE polo shirt.
Thanks
Tinks62
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Ds says yes, polo shirt and rugby shirt.
Tinks62

Post by Tinks62 »

Thank you Minesatea.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now