CRGS Open Evening Next Week

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mikedellfarm

CRGS Open Evening Next Week

Post by mikedellfarm »

Can anyone give me an idea of the structure and format of the Open Evening that CRGS run for entry the following year ?
Minesatea

Re: CRGS Open Evening Next Week

Post by Minesatea »

There is usually a formal talk in the hall, I am unsure of the timings. Then parents and children are free to roam around the school. Lots of boys and staff will be in various classrooms giving demonstrations and generally chatting, this part is very informal. We have always found the boys very friendly and happy to talk about their school.
KB

Post by KB »

It starts at 6.30pm and there will probably be several runs of the Headmaster's talk in the Hall to accommodate everyone.
There will be parking via the back entrance of the school but it gets really really busy so arrive early or park in a side street and walk. The school parking will get full later on.

It does get pretty busy so would suggest a chat amongst your family in advance and work out which areas are your priorities. If there are any staff you want to talk to then arrive for the start and see them first.
I would check out the info on the web site before you go so you can make best use of your time.

Science and MFL are usually popular as they have interesting things going on!

There is an new theatre being built to open in September but its just a building site I think so doubt you will be able to view it.

The music block is away from the main school buildings so allow time if that is of interest.
Tech and Art also have their own areas slightly away from the main building and there is a newer science block close to the main area.

Games fields aren't on site but the gym is if you have a particular interest.

Don't be put off by the traditional and in some places dated buildings :) There has been quite a bit of updating over the last few years so I wouldn't be surprised if this continues.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Thats brilliant, thank you.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

The Headmaster will speak at 6.30pm, and then every half an hour after that, we rang to check.