CRGS Open Day question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CardyMow

CRGS Open Day question

Post by CardyMow »

Does anyone know if all 96 children turned up for the induction day at CRGS? As of yesterday, my DS is at number 2 on the waiting list, and I want to know if there is a possibility of him getting a place by September.
Redtabby

Re: CRGS Open Day question

Post by Redtabby »

Really good to hear from you again CardyMow.

We went to new parents evening in June and I'm fairly sure there were two unclaimed parent packs.

My son went to induction day and said there was definitely one boy missing from his tutor group.

According to the updates on the wait list thread, the latest offer was made on 11th July, so fingers crossed, I really hope your son gets in.
CardyMow

Re: CRGS Open Day question

Post by CardyMow »

We are on tenterhooks here, I daren't buy any school uniform yet!

I spoke to someone from CRGS today, and they said that all 96 pupils turned up to the induction day? Though I do believe that this means that there is someone keeping an eye on waiting lists at the school over the holidays, even if County aren't - though Cpunty did say on Monday that although things may be slower to update over the holidays, they do still process places if they become available. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that we will have to wait until after September 4th (when my DS will start at local 'other' Secondary, they have a non-pupil day on the 3rd?!) for an offer, as I may have a nervous breakdown by then!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now