Prepared - no
Panicking - yes
Vocab - aargh
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
djy76

Re: Just need to

Post by djy76 »

Yesterday my son did a Bond English paper and scored 32% :oops: ... never has he done so badly...

I am trying to be sensibe and put this down to a blip

Roll on 22nd September, at which point what is done is done. :D :D :D
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

.. brilliant.. I didn't even need to open the post to presume the next word would be "scream" ! If only our gorgeous children could be so insightful and know the answers... sigh.

Husband nearly broke DS .. he had been away on work for a week and on his return spent 1 hour 10 talking through a 35 minute English paper DS had done. (DS had got 60% which for DS is good). Ghastly.. DS could no longer speak, just sobbed. Husband now on a three day ban from talking about 11+ which is acutally lifting the mood.

I had a little cry and then reminded myself this really isn't the end of the world. (It may however be the end of white wine stocks in Europe at the rate I am going). Oh and don't let me start worrying about that ghastly gap between exam day and results, I watched what happened on this Forum last year... and that might mean a national GIN shortage.

(Did I make it all worse?)
bravado

Post by bravado »

I think the 11+ is very much like pregnancy - all you can think about for 40-odd weeks, is labour. It's a huge wall that you can't think round, over or beyond and as it looms ever-closer, it gets l-a-r-g-e-r and gives you sleepless nights. Sometimes you remember the fact it will be full of bliss and relief when it's over.....but only for fleeting moments :lol: So it is for the 11+.

Like pregnancy, try not to think of the sleepless nights and stress that follow the three weeks after the birth and culmination of all that hard work, planning and preparation :lol:

Here's to each and every one of you announcing the arrival of a bouncing, bonny "green zone" result :D
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Hmm I wonder if there is a Scarlet Zone :?

Albert Einstein
djy76

Post by djy76 »

mikedelfarm - thanks you make my purchase of a bottle of white wine today seem totally in keeping with our journey... clearly I may take up drinking gin just not got there yet..

bravado - my children wondered what I was laughing about as I chortled at the computer screen, bouncing bonny green indeed!!! I am hoping for a good enough amber if there is such a thing!
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

diy76 - thanks for your support, I only rely on gin as i am in Turkey at the moment and the wine is ghastly !!

As for labour and pregnancies.. I can't entertain that thought..we all have our horror stories but I can't link that process to this (as I don't believe the CSSE offer blood transfusions.. then again if I drink too much gin I might need one!).
djy76

Post by djy76 »

As you take 11plus material to Turkey ours will be going to Chris Evans' Car Fest and Brittany for what are our last holiday jaunts before school returns..

A month tomorrow.... (now djy that was not very supportive was it :D :lol: )
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:diy76 - thanks for your support, I only rely on gin as i am in Turkey at the moment and the wine is ghastly !!

As for labour and pregnancies.. I can't entertain that thought..we all have our horror stories but I can't link that process to this (as I don't believe the CSSE offer blood transfusions.. then again if I drink too much gin I might need one!).
Have booked Turkey for half term post 11+ break :D :D

Albert Einstein
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Wow Car Fest, that will be brilliant. October in Turkey will be wonderful and still warm. I think its some test of my DS that he can do test papers in 40 degrees.

There is life after this test, I am so glad I have been on this journey with my DS1 no matter what the outcome is (and my English grammar has without a doubt improved and I can at a glance work out % reductions on sale stuff I might want to buy :P )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now