CRGS & Player Layer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

toolate

CRGS & Player Layer

Post by toolate »

Sorry - this is very specific and not really 11+ related...

My DS needs new skins - last set have been stretched since he was 7 and very tall now.

I see from the Player layer website that they have CRGS kit - is that recommended and used at CRGS? At DD's school they are only allowed the school logo'd player layer stuff - is it the same for CRGS?

Playerlayer is not cheap so just want to check its the right stuff before I buy. DS is very likely to be playing as much rugby as possible and is generally on sporty side so I am used to forking out for kit.

Thanks if anyone can help.
mikedellfarm

Re: CRGS & Player Layer

Post by mikedellfarm »

If DS is going to play at your local club you could just buy some basic skins and then send him to school with them. I then wait until they are told its the wrong brand or wrong colour and then buy what they need ! Perhaps CRGS will only be strict on the skins if he's representing the school.

Have you also thought that he might not bring his kit home every Friday ? I realise that he should.. as it will walk home by itself otherwise.. but he may well forget. So you can't rely on buying one set of skins that will cover school and weekend rugby with a club.

My DSs last skins top was £35 .. let alone the long shorts.. gloves.. and new coffee flask for me coping standing on the touch line !
toolate

Post by toolate »

You're right - may well have to invest twice - ouch - boots too....

My concern about the player layer is that they have insanely long delivery times (usually 1-2 months) so I would rather order now if they are going to be required wearing.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The boys go straight home/ to the buses from the games field on a friday afternoon, so the kit should come home with them unless they leave it in the middle of the field!
Also most fixtures are on a saturday morning so they will need it for then.
Playerlayer is optional for games. Lots of boys who are not keen rugby players do not have it. I remember the school sending home an order form for those who may want to buy it but we didnt.
DS does not know if the team members have to have crgs player layer but says that he has seen boys in other makes/ colours for games lessons.

(edited after further info from DS)
toolate

Post by toolate »

Thank you to you and DS
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now