CEM/CSSE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sleeplessinhalstead

CEM/CSSE

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

Is anyone else taking the CEM exam at CCHS next week as a "mock"? We really would prefer DD2 to go to ColCHS with DD1, but have decided to take both exams anyway. Reasoning being that it is good prep for the CSSE exam on 21st, but now I am wondering if it might be too stressful/different from the CSSE exam..
Araucana girl

Re: CEM/CSSE

Post by Araucana girl »

sleeplessinhalstead wrote:Is anyone else taking the CEM exam at CCHS next week as a "mock"? We really would prefer DD2 to go to ColCHS with DD1, but have decided to take both exams anyway. Reasoning being that it is good prep for the CSSE exam on 21st, but now I am wondering if it might be too stressful/different from the CSSE exam..
I think there are some similarities but not very much - the maths might be similar but you just cannot tell. There is no VR to speak of, probably only antonyms and synonyms and NVR thrown into the mix. One of the main issues with CEM I think is time pressure. The style however is very different. I am not looking forward to how dd does in it :( She would love to go to CCHS but I am not sure she will make it, still if you don't try and all that......
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
moved

Post by moved »

Rather than a mock, view it as two bites of the cherry! :mrgreen:
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

moved wrote:Rather than a mock, view it as two bites of the cherry! :mrgreen:
That is exactly what we are doing :D but would love CCHS
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

moved wrote:Rather than a mock, view it as two bites of the cherry! :mrgreen:

True, I guess I am just being realistic about it! As we are not in catchment it is highly unlikely, especially since we have only prepared for the CSSE exams and then given her a few non verbal reasoning papers.