Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:34 pm 

Huge good luck to all those taking the CEM and CSSE exams over the next few weeks.

May I take this opportunity to gently remind you all not to discuss the exam content? There will be "late sittings" for those who were unable to sit the tests on the scheduled days and I'm sure you'll all agree that it would be unfair to reveal any information until these have been completed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm 

Ooh yes, thanks for the reminder bravado! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:17 pm 

I'm going to "sticky" this post until after all the re-sits have been safely completed :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm 

It has been remarkably silent about CEM! I, for one, am very interested to hear after next week.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:00 am 

...My dd sat the CEM exam in the morning session, and my niece sat the afternoon session. Through their chat, later that evening it appeared that the content/topics/question types in the morning and afternoon sessions were the same!
I thought that different papers would have been used for each session.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:17 pm 

Readthequestiondear! wrote:
...My dd sat the CEM exam in the morning session, and my niece sat the afternoon session. Through their chat, later that evening it appeared that the content/topics/question types in the morning and afternoon sessions were the same!
I thought that different papers would have been used for each session.

I think they would use the same papers on the same day as to be honest the cross over time when information could be passed is only about 30 minutes to an hour, good luck to anyone who wants to panic their dd in that time to revise something that might or might not have been correctly remembered :D

Different when there are 9 days between the first and alternative sittting.

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 am 

I was wondering if the same standardisation process is applied for the test on the 30th, or if they account for the fact that an extra week has passed and that the content of the papers may have been disclosed?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:50 am 

The age of the child on test day would certainly be a factor. Standardisation tends to use age in years and months on the day of testing. So some who delayed by a week could find themselves in a different age band as a result.

The numbers on a supplementary date wouldn't be enough for standardisation based on the sample size to be statistically valid though, so it's unlikely that they would/could standardise those separately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 am 

As far as I can recall, CSSE use different papers for the two sittings. Part of the process involves making sure that the marks for current papers are comparable to those from historical exams (1990 - 1994 are the years that spring to mind?). I think there is a th read somewhere on the Essex forum about what English texts have been used and main sitting and second sitting papers are listed.

CSSE papers are not routinely age-standardised, although presumably they do look at the VR to check as Dr Bevan has said that he they did notice skewing of the results, they would (can't remember if he said do or consider this! )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am 

So can we discuss the CSSE exam yet?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next