Bugs!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

Bugs!!!

Post by Araucana girl »

Cannot wait for Saturday. I was in bed yesterday with a cold looming, ds (luckily not old enough yet for 11+) work up with stomach pains in the night and then was sick this morning. DD luckily has woken up with a spring in her step after a lie in as I was able to take her to school today rather than put her on the school bus.

Please please, I don't care if she drops like a fly on Sunday, let her make it to the exam on Saturday without succumbing to a sick bug or cold virus. I can't put these exams off for anther few weeks I need to be at the end :shock: (obviously I will pull her out if she is ill on Saturday but don't want to have to :D )
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
djy76

Re: Bugs!!!

Post by djy76 »

These bugs seem to be everywhere... In our house DH, DD and I are all down with the 'lurgy luckily DS has yet to succumb...

Hope you guys recover really quickly and DD remains immune..
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

we have the same problem today - dd1 sick and in bed, dd3 not great but packed off to school anyway. DD2 ok so far, but what if she catches it before Saturday...
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

sleeplessinhalstead wrote:we have the same problem today - dd1 sick and in bed, dd3 not great but packed off to school anyway. DD2 ok so far, but what if she catches it before Saturday...
Have you got your letter yet for Saturday?

Albert Einstein
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Just taken DS to the Dr. Really aggressive virus, I was worried about his ears, they are full of fluid but it will pass with the virus. So he's at home, and DS2 off as well as he's not well and being asthmatic he falls fast. Sigh.

DS1 is really upset about it all as he's worked so hard.

Still got my Doctors appointment booked for Friday though.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:Just taken DS to the Dr. Really aggressive virus, I was worried about his ears, they are full of fluid but it will pass with the virus. So he's at home, and DS2 off as well as he's not well and being asthmatic he falls fast. Sigh.

DS1 is really upset about it all as he's worked so hard.

Still got my Doctors appointment booked for Friday though.
Don't panic, keep him off school for the week and see how he is on Friday. There is not a lot you can do at this point anyway, revising like mad will just make them stressed (and you). I have been amazed at how well dd does when she has had a break - I think she will have forgotten things but she seems to be improved by the resting. We only did 20 mins or so if that last week after school each day, a few days she did nothing. Just went over a couple of maths bits she keeps getting confused about - literally can you work this out for me, now this one, right lets read a bit of vocab and yes of course you can now go and play Stardoll on Friv :lol: :lol: I think at this point they need to be just ticking over and if all else fails there is the 2nd sitting on the 30th - at least it wasn't the 2nd sitting you were worrying about :D

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

My dd is still unwell, still off school. I hope she's getting better, I'm afraid that she may be getting a chest infection. She has a horrible chesty cough and she says it hurts when she coughs. If she's still unwell tomorrow, I will take her to the doctor.

Sent my doctor's certificate to Chelmsford, still waiting to hear from them. Worrying that they will not allow her to resit. I know, I know - they should but until I get the confirmation that they will, I am going to worry! I am trying not to but it's not working. :shock:

I hope everyone's dcs are fit and well on Saturday. Mikedellfarm, there's still time for your ds to get better. Fingers crossed for us all.

Araucana girl, I so wanted to not have to defer the exam but unfortunately I had to and now we have to wait another 3 more days for it all to be over. I hoped it would be almost over by now but sadly, it was not to be! :(
milada

Post by milada »

Last edited by milada on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Oh poor thing. It must have really upset him to have been sick in the car unexpectedly and I would imagine has now caused all the extra concern. No doubt his stomach is still sensitive and sore so I don't doubt that it would ache a bit. However I wonder if its a combination of all the stress and being anxious that he might suddenly throw up again? The thought of throwing up in front of his mates at karate might be weighing heavy on his mind. I do question how much our DC really understand about nerves and how deeply it can effect us all.

My DS is confident too and has sat a number of exams previously, however he realises that this is the real BIGGIE and could change so much of his future. We call it butterflies in our tummy and have been practicing breathing exercises.

Not sure what my DS2 has but he was sick yesterday too (don't read this bit if eating... ) and some of it came out of his nose, he's now terrified that will happen again.
milada

Post by milada »

Last edited by milada on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.