Southend High School for Boys - 2007 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shrimpergarry

Southend High School for Boys - 2007 intake

Post by Shrimpergarry »

If you're reading this then there's a fair chance that your son was at SHSB yesterday and will be starting there in September.

Our son is in class 7ST1 (Mr Lane) and is the only one going there from his school so is keen to make new friends quickly.

If any of you are in the same boat and would like to get together over the summer holidays for a kick about/10-pin bowling/bar-b-que (or any other suggestions) then get in touch with me on this forum or by sending a private message.

Post by Guest »

hi there my son going to be in 7EA3< Mr Evans>
he also is the only one from his school. He really enjoyed the induction day especailly the school dinners!!!

what did your son think of it?
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

He enjoyed the day, I think (you know how much you get out of them!). Although he didn't like the school dinner (opted for fish and chips when he doesn't like fish- CHUMP!)

Were you there last night? I was really impressed with the pastoral care they seem to be giving and the concern that they have that the boys settle in. It was good to meet the form teacher and the deputy heads too.

Post by Guest »

yes we were there. I thought it was brillant lots of confidence was gained from the teaching staff. With good practical advice.
Aadam enjoyed the fish n chips followed by strawberry cake? on induction day. That's all he's spoke about since!!!
Despite not knowing anyone prior to induction day, he is so looking forward to starting shsb in sept.
sparky

shsb induction

Post by sparky »

Hi. Jonathan also was impressed with his induction day. The Parents evening was very informative and they seem really caring. Jono is in 7EA2 with Mr Tzaczew (spelling?) and knows 2 other boys slightly. Would be great to meet up in the hols, bowling or something sporty could be good. Email parkers39@yahoo.com
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Never mind the spelling - how on earth do you pronounce "Tzaczew"!!!

I'll try to sort something out for the summer - maybe bowling followed by a bar-b-que or something like that? I think there's 3 of us so far, but if you know any others then let me have their e-mail addresses.

Post by Guest »

hi, Aadam will be in 7EA3 Mr Evans Tuscany we would like to meet up too!
snouty

thank-you to shrimpergary

Post by snouty »

what can i say except - thank-you.
never thought i would come across your name again, but when i did i had to write! you saved me days of waiting and pacing. applied online for schools this year (dd1 starts whsg this sept), never got email from lea. waited and waited by computer - 9pm friend rings and says go to forum, find shrimpergary and follow links. In my desperation this sounded completely normal, so i did and yippee - she got in. Did not get letter of placement for another 4 days. i would have crumbled before then.
so once again thank-you for sparing me the agony.
good-luck for your boy, and all the other little darlings.

happy hols,
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

The summer holiday is flying by as usual.

Thinking of doing the meet up on Monday 3rd September (the day before they start at SHSB) on the basis that this could be the day when they (and we!) are most apprehensive and a bit more focussed on making new friends. Also all should be back from holiday by then.

I have a few e-mails already, but looking to go 10-pin bowling, probably at Megabowl in Chelmsford, probably late afternoon (4ish). We could head to Pizza Hut (or somewhere similar for food afterwards).

If anyone has either violent objections or better suggestions then let me know.

We're away from Thursday 23/8 to Saturday 1/9 so don't expect a reply during this period!
SPARKY

3RD September

Post by SPARKY »

Hi.
Sounds good. We are around all afternoon/evening.
Jonathan Parker
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now