CCHS 2013 Test Feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shakey

CCHS 2013 Test Feedback

Post by shakey »

Hi all
It would be very much appreciated for dp like us (for next years test) if dp could relay as much info regarding this years cem test. Obviously after any late sitting. :)
Thanks
Araucana girl

Re: CCHS 2013 Test Feedback

Post by Araucana girl »

shakey wrote:Hi all
It would be very much appreciated for dp like us (for next years test) if dp could relay as much info regarding this years cem test. Obviously after any late sitting. :)
Thanks
When is the date for the late sitting. Will post after that although I only know what sections there were, dd has not given me much more than that. She went in smiling though and came out still smiling so that was all I could ask.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Found this now in a draft document:

The DfE School Admissions Code which came into force in 2012 requires that the
results of the selective test are made known to parents prior to the closing date for
applications to be made to the Local Authority (using the Common Application
Form) which is 31st October. The tests will be taken on a date to be finalised by the
school in September each year; the results will be posted to parents at least 7 days
prior to the Local Authority CAF deadline. Alongside the results parents will be
provided with information about this score. This will indicate for parents the
likelihood that their daughter will be deemed suitable for selective education at
CCHS, however, a result above that cut off mark is no guarantee of a place as results
fluctuate each year and distance plays a part in the process as detailed at Paragraph
1.4 above.

Wonder how they will determine the cut off :? Maybe CEM help them out here with statistics of how many have accepted statistically that took the test each year :D

Link if anyone wants to read the full draft: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8139,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Araucana girl on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

Araucana girl wrote:Found this now in a draft document:

The DfE School Admissions Code which came into force in 2012 requires that the
results of the selective test are made known to parents prior to the closing date for
applications to be made to the Local Authority (using the Common Application
Form) which is 31st October. The tests will be taken on a date to be finalised by the
school in September each year; the results will be posted to parents at least 7 days
prior to the Local Authority CAF deadline. Alongside the results parents will be
provided with information about this score. This will indicate for parents the
likelihood that their daughter will be deemed suitable for selective education at
CCHS, however, a result above that cut off mark is no guarantee of a place as results
fluctuate each year and distance plays a part in the process as detailed at Paragraph
1.4 above.

Wonder how they will determine the cut off :? Maybe CEM help them out here with statistics of how many have accepted statistically that took the test each year :D

Link if anyone wants to read the full draft: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8139,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This sound very similar to the CEM result for HBS!

DD sat for HBS 11+ last year. The results given is a score 2XX and the cut off mark was 2XX. Hence this means the school will decide how many DDs they would encourge to apply.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

That sounds like they aren't going to rank the children but rather just tell us what our dd's scores are and whether they are above or below the cut off mark.

I don't think the scores are going to be terribly useful unless they are well above the cut off. So, I still hold to my intention to put the grammar schools on my CAF in order of preference irrespective of my dd's scores. You never know how many people will put which school as their preference and I really think that I have nothing to lose by putting the grammars on there. If we don't get a place there, we'll get a place at the local comp.

What will be will be. :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Araucana girl wrote:
shakey wrote:Hi all
Thanks
When is the date for the late sitting. Will post after that although I only know what sections there were, dd has not given me much more than that. She went in smiling though and came out still smiling so that was all I could ask.
The reserve date is tomorrow, I believe (but don't quote me, my last 11+ child is a boy who sat at SHSB on Saturday :) ).

What I am curious about, though, given the thread about the new-for -this-year CEM 11+ over in Bexley(http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 51&t=33723, is whether the CCHS test can have borne any relationship at all to the one taken there? We seem to be lacking the dozen or so pages on how taking the new 11+ has blighted DD's life for ever...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now