CSSE email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
piemom

Re: CSSE email

Post by piemom »

The results were very haphazard last year; I think the CSSE line was that mails were being filtered as spam, so people missed them. I received mine around 5:30pm on gmail. We're at the end of the alphabet, so pretty sure they weren't in alphabetical order. Fingers crossed for you all :-)
coffee

Post by coffee »

As previously mentioned we were told the delay was due to 'traffic light attachment sheet'.
My DS kept asking me to check our e-mail all evening and I felt so sorry for him having to go to bed still without knowing. Even worse going into school and some of his friends had received theirs but many had not.
I would have panicked, but I could see from the forum that lots of us were having the same issue.
Our headteacher called during the day to say that she had the results and did we want to know now or pick them up from the school office - obviously DH said tell me now! I think she may have had a very busy morning as most of the year took it :)
I really hope that this year the e-mails will be sent much better for all of you waiting.
felgate

Post by felgate »

Wow - have just followed the link to the thread last year where people were anxiously waiting for there email in October 2012. It looks like it was a bit of a fiasco. Have decided to only check my email on Friday every hour in the afternoon -not every 5 mins otherwise I'll go crazy. I'm trying to think of Saturday as the day we get the scores not Friday so that I'm not disappointed if the email doesn't arrive. I suspect though that the score won't tell us very much unless its clearly an extreme score.

6 days...... maybe 7, 8 or 9 days to go - who knows?
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Thanks everyone. I'm resigned to not hearing until Saturday afternoon at the earliest by post or Monday when I can ask the school.

Not much longer to wait. I have a feeling that the next week is going to be a very slow one....
Manana

Post by Manana »

The results came through on a Monday last year. Ours pinged through into my (yahoo!) inbox at 5pm exactly but most of his friends didn't hear for at least another 12/14 hours; many never got it and had to ring the CSSE/the primary school late the next day. The only people who did hear at 5pm were those whose surnames names began A-E. This is obviously not a scienctific study, but on close enquiry at the school, this was what I found! I had visions of a little old man in an office in Victoria avenue hand typing emails...Dear Mr and Mrs Abacus, Your child has scored the following results... and then him dropping off to sleep after he'd got to Evans!

Good luck-I feel anxious on your behalf!
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Manana wrote:The results came through on a Monday last year. Ours pinged through into my (yahoo!) inbox at 5pm exactly but most of his friends didn't hear for at least another 12/14 hours; many never got it and had to ring the CSSE/the primary school late the next day. The only people who did hear at 5pm were those whose surnames names began A-E. This is obviously not a scienctific study, but on close enquiry at the school, this was what I found! I had visions of a little old man in an office in Victoria avenue hand typing emails...Dear Mr and Mrs Abacus, Your child has scored the following results... and then him dropping off to sleep after he'd got to Evans!

Good luck-I feel anxious on your behalf!
Our surname is in the middle of the alphabet so I doubt we will be hearing on Friday then. I was hoping it would be by candidate number as my DS had a very low one. I'm feeling calm and not as anxious as I thought. It's probably because I'm distracting myself with retail therapy! Not sure my bank balance can survive much longer.

I'm worried I'm not going to be able to hide my tears. I think I'll read the results have a little cry for him. Once I've got it out my system I'll compose myself and tell DS and, hopefully, I'll be able to reasure him and mop his tears without crying in front of him.
dez

Post by dez »

I don't think the emails were sent out in alphabetical order! We got our result also on Monday at 4:30pm last year and we are not A-E. May be according to candidate number?
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

dez wrote:I don't think the emails were sent out in alphabetical order! We got our result also on Monday at 4:30pm last year and we are not A-E. May be according to candidate number?
I can't even think Friday might be a possibility! DS's candidate number was in 80s. How low was your candidate number? I keep telling myself it will either be Saturday afternoon by post or Monday morning when I can ask the school. Not even sure why I want the results! Ignorance is bliss :lol:
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

I hope we are not left relying on post, it took a whole week for us to get our CSSE test details letter! Very much doubt something posted on Friday pm would be delivered before Monday in any case, even if 1st class. Perhaps others have a better mail service that we do.... I am really hoping for an email on Friday evening.
dez

Post by dez »

MacPac wrote:
dez wrote:I don't think the emails were sent out in alphabetical order! We got our result also on Monday at 4:30pm last year and we are not A-E. May be according to candidate number?
I can't even think Friday might be a possibility! DS's candidate number was in 80s. How low was your candidate number? I keep telling myself it will either be Saturday afternoon by post or Monday morning when I can ask the school. Not even sure why I want the results! Ignorance is bliss :lol:
Slightly less than 80, I think. Can't remember the exact number! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now