Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

milada

Re: Good luck

Post by milada »

Last edited by milada on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

The CSSE website just says "over the weekend period 11th.. " so who knows when they'll set the batch runs.

DS has an art lesson 5-6pm.. wonder how his art teacher will feel if I barge in spraying champagne over him... or sobbing hysterically..
toolate

Post by toolate »

Isn't there every likelihood that they will just hit the send button at 5pm, as they lock up. Last thing they want is the phone ringing off the hook all Friday afternoon.

Think they are banking on a couple of days over the weekend for the tears (elation/frustration/disappointment) to dry up....so the conversations on Monday are just a little less fraught.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

.. wonder how his art teacher will feel if I barge in spraying champagne over him... or sobbing hysterically..
I used to be an art teacher before parenthood, and they/we are pretty open-minded. If it's the champagne scenario please offer the teacher some!
Jim's Dad

Post by Jim's Dad »

toolate wrote:Isn't there every likelihood that they will just hit the send button at 5pm, as they lock up. Last thing they want is the phone ringing off the hook all Friday afternoon.

Think they are banking on a couple of days over the weekend for the tears (elation/frustration/disappointment) to dry up....so the conversations on Monday are just a little less fraught.
What you say makes sense but if that is true then surely they should have the decency to admit it !

I've got my wife at home refreshing the inbox every few minutes, I bet all parents at work are watching their phones for a text or call like I am, and CSSE may well already know that no-one is getting any e-mails until end of the working day.

Speculation....but as I write no-one admits to having their results on this website....surely the first batch would have been issued by now ??!!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

http://www.csse.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Test Results
For parents who have registered by email: Email 11+ test results will be sent to parents in batches over the weekend period 11th – 13th October. All incoming email communication to the CSSE office will be temporarily barred during the despatch of results to facilitate their release. All candidates will ALSO be sent out their results by 1st class post on Friday 11th October 2013. Accompanying the 11+ postal results will be a guidance sheet detailing the likely 11+ score/s your child will need to attain to gain a place at the individual Consortium Schools. Test results cannot be viewed on the CSSE website. Please allow until the afternoon of Tuesday 15th October before ringing the CSSE office.
I'm almost positive that emails will be sent after close of business. They have described it as 'over the weekend'.
Crumble

Post by Crumble »

I am not expecting anything until after 5pm today at the very earliest, but possibly any time over weekend.
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Jim's Dad wrote:
toolate wrote:Isn't there every likelihood that they will just hit the send button at 5pm, as they lock up. Last thing they want is the phone ringing off the hook all Friday afternoon.

What you say makes sense but if that is true then surely they should have the decency to admit it !

I've got my wife at home refreshing the inbox every few minutes, I bet all parents at work are watching their phones for a text or call like I am, and CSSE may well already know that no-one is getting any e-mails until end of the working day.

Speculation....but as I write no-one admits to having their results on this website....surely the first batch would have been issued by now ??!!

Nothing being sent until close of business 4.30pm hth
HardWorkingDad

Post by HardWorkingDad »

My DS result was released at 15:00 two years ago. I doubt whether CSSE would wait till 16:30 as there are likely to be technical glitches. Pressing the button for over 2300 candidates for a text email and a PDF guide attachment would lead to an immediate rejection by public mail server such as Gmail, Hotmail and yahoo or flaggings of spam.

My bet would be that a few hundred would be released with delay settings of about 15 seconds after each email from the mail exchange to start of with. The others would be released in a similar controlled manner but with a higher volume. The queue to process the emails shall then remain with the mail exchanges at the recipient end.

Each DC deserves a medal for participating in this competitively selective process. Wherever they eventually go, Grammar, Independent or Comprehensive. They have taken the first step of coming out of the "I can't be bothered" group.

I wish everyone the very best.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

HardWorkingDad - great post, thank you.