Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stats questions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 am 

Does anyone know what the mean and standard deviations are for the 3 papers this year or is that info not available yet?

Does anyone know when that info becomes available?

Post subject: Re: Stats questions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:59 am 

talea51 wrote:
Does anyone know what the mean and standard deviations are for the 3 papers this year or is that info not available yet?

Does anyone know when that info becomes available?

This year stat is not yet available!

Last year details such as mean and standard deviation for all three papers and the formula that CSSE used (kindly requested and posted by aang) can be found in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17999

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:15 pm 

The results were only emailed to parents this weekend and the mean and standard deviation scores by paper are not provided with the results or any other public space that I can find. Last year, about a week after the results were emailed, and the CSSE office was less bombarded with enquiries, I emailed the CSSE office who forwarded the enquiry on and they eventually sent me the official scores which I reposted in this forum. I was planning to wait a week before I submit an enquiry for this year's actual statistics..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 pm 

The CSSE letter says that although they are unable to assist parents with advice regarding the choice of school or interpretation of results, they are pleased to help with other enquiries until the 18th October. The are then closed until November 2nd. Possibly the stats we would all like to see are not the kind of query that they necessarily had in mind for the coming week, but its not one that they are specifically saying they won't respond to :)