KEGS out of catchment aspirants - cut off?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
boomzoom

Re: KEGS out of catchment aspirants - cut off?

Post by boomzoom »

I am desperately seeking reply to the below question from one of our friends in this forum

Does anyone know the cut off last year for KEGS for out of catchment?

Do we have similar data for last 3 years? Please kindly help
aang

Post by aang »

Blitz has already summarized the shared scores /wait,ist information we have in this forum, which reflects around 2% of the total candidate pool. Note that catchment area was only introduced for previous year and last year. If you want a more definitive answer to lowest cut off score for out of catchment, attend the open afternoon session at KEGS and ask them directly.
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

Hi Guys,

I am looking for KEGS, o/c, DS got got 354.690. Please advice me should I put it in the CAF form or not?

I know it is way below, but looking for chances in wailtng list atleast?

Appreciate your advice, pls.

Thanks
aang

Post by aang »

If KEGS is a school that you want and you have ample space on the CAF, then by all means put KEGS high up on your list of preferences.

I would not expect 354.69 to be offered a place on national allocation day, but you would be fairly high up the waiting list. There is very limited information on this forum about KEGS out of catchment scores and wait list so I cannot comment on how likely you will get a place via the wait list. For the in catchment KEGS score, I may be mistaken, but if I recall correctly only a few places on the waiting list were eventually offered a place. Out of catchment could be similar, or it could be very different as candidates are probably considering alternative offers. If you want to be on the wait list, you must have KEGS as a preference higher up than the school that you are offered..Good luck.
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

thanks aang, that's a very good information. Appreciate your time. As I have space in my preference list, I will go ahead and put it.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

I was at the KEGS open afternoon today. The Head said that there weren't as many high scores in the 370s and 380s this year and that on offer day he expects the Out of Catchment cut off to be around 360 and by September to have gone down into the high 350s. For in catchment he thought on offer day cut off around 339 and by September to go to around 335ish.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

boomzoom wrote:Does anybody know the score of the child who was last to get KEGS offer in last 3 years from OOC
Durring the Open evening KEGS head teacher mentioned that it was around 365 last year for OOC,

Hope this helps.
AJW

Post by AJW »

I am very encouraged to read your posting, Nikkibeak, thank you.

I have twin boys, in catchment for KEGS, scoring 357.901 and 346.405 respectively and have been quite stressed about whether they will both get into KEGS. One has "green light" historically, the other "yellow light".

Didn't manage to get to Head's open afternoon last Friday because we had other half term commitments.

Sounds like I can relax. My desire for them to go to KEGS together stems not only from the fact that it is our local grammar school and it is nice and logistically convenient for twins to go to same school, but also from fact that I have recurrent cancer, which is likely to require treatment over the next 7 years in Chelmsford hospitals and I don't want added stress of trying to accomodate extra curricular activity on both their parts in different schools an hour's school bus from each other....

Has anyone else on the forum had experience of dealing with twins and or possible need for making an appeal on the grounds of medical problems on parent's part?
Nikkibeak wrote:I was at the KEGS open afternoon today. The Head said that there weren't as many high scores in the 370s and 380s this year and that on offer day he expects the Out of Catchment cut off to be around 360 and by September to have gone down into the high 350s. For in catchment he thought on offer day cut off around 339 and by September to go to around 335ish.
KB

Post by KB »

Have a look at the appeals section but I think the grounds are either that something happened to seriously impact their score or it is the only school that can meet their needs.
I doubt that the case that you need them to be at the same school would work but as I say, try the appeals section, there are real experts there. If you have a local comprehensive then I imagine the LEA would say they could both go there to fulfill your requirements.
Very best wishes for your health situation.