School Preference

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lama

School Preference

Post by lama »

Hello
Can some one try answering my below complex question please...

Scenario:
School A and B , both being grammar schools and my DD has passed both the schools and her marks are with in the top selection criteria of both the schools.
If I put down school A as my first preference and school B as second, as I like school A more than school B but school B has more chances.
If in case we don't get school A due to some reason then will she still get school B, in case wherein say school B has been opted as first preference by the girls more than the places at school B and they all are eligible.
In such a case, will my daughter still be considered among the School B along with others first preference of school B?
KB

Re: School Preference

Post by KB »

I have replied to your same post on the other thread.
hermanmunster

Re: School preference query

Post by hermanmunster »

If your daughter puts school A first and then is not eligible for a place, her first choice is discarded and her second choice ie school B becomes her first.

The School does not know where you have put them on the list
lama

Re: School preference query

Post by lama »

hermanmunster wrote:If your daughter puts school A first and then is not eligible for a place, her first choice is discarded and her second choice ie school B becomes her first.

The School does not know where you have put them on the list
Thanks hermanmunster for the explanation.
ToadMum

Re: School Preference

Post by ToadMum »

Hi lama,

I don't know which area you are seriously applying for a school place in, but the law with regard to the equal preference system really does apply in all areas in England :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now