11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
james2013

11 plus results

Post by james2013 »

I have just seen this post and not really sure and would appreciate some input please. My son scored 224.5 and is looking to apply in southeast (Essex etc). Any advice is appreciated.
kenyancowgirl

Re: 11 plus results

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Maybe post your question in their section, not Warwickshire?!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

One of the forum moderators can move your post to a more appropriate board, James2013. They will be able to give far better advice about the Essex scores than we can up here in Warks! :)

JD
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Thread moved from Warwickshire. Although I'm not sure where the 224.5 is a result from :?:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

james2013 wrote:I have just seen this post and not really sure and would appreciate some input please. My son scored 224.5 and is looking to apply in southeast (Essex etc). Any advice is appreciated.
Is this a CSSE (Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex) score? The pass mark for the Southend and Westcliff grammar schools is 303.00; KEGS in Chelmsford and CRGS in Colchester do not have a pass mark as such, but the lowest score likely to get in to either of these is more like 340.

If it is a score from another area, it is not "portable"; the method of entry into the boys' grammar schools in Essex and Southend (and for the girls' grammar schools in Colchester / Westcliff / Southend) is solely via the CSSE test.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Okay...

Have just noticed you have also posted on the CSSE results thread that your DS scored 324.9 in the CSSE test - that is the one relevant to "Essex" :)

Is the other score from Redbridge?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx